Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Cap Exempt with 6 years expiring soon

Hi,

I have a H1B Petition which was approved on Feb 23, 2012. I am in India and have not travelled on this petition and it is unused. Now I would be filing this petition under Cap Exempt and would probably get a receipt notice within this month. I am filing it in Regular Mode and i heard like USCIS would take 150 to 180 days from now to arrive at a decision but the 6 Year period would expire on Feb 23, 2018. The USCIS will process the petition at a date later then Feb 23, 2018 only. Will the USCIS process this petition since we have filed it before the 6 year expiration period or they would consider it to be Invalid under Cap Exempt. Please note my company is not willing to file in Premium Mode. Please advise.

Hi Team,

Can Somebody clarify my question below?

I have a H1B Petition which was approved on Feb 23, 2012. I am in India and have not travelled on this petition and it is unused. Now I would be filing this petition under Cap Exempt and would probably get a receipt notice within this month. I am filing it in Regular Mode and i heard like USCIS would take 150 to 180 days from now to arrive at a decision but the 6 Year period would expire on Feb 23, 2018. The USCIS will process the petition at a date later than Feb 23, 2018 only. Will the USCIS process this petition since we have filed it before the 6 year expiration period or they would consider it to be Invalid under Cap Exempt. Please note my company is not willing to file in Premium Mode. Please advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X