Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 transfer and US re-entry-- Help required!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer and US re-entry-- Help required!!

Hi all,

I have been to US for 6 months on H1B with company "X", while I was coming to back India; I had put a request thru company "Y" for H1 transfer and as of now H1 transfer to company "Y" is approved.

Should I go for the H1 stamping in India for working with company “Y” in US? FYI, my H1B is valid till Oct 06.

Your thoughts on this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Harry

no you donot need to get the new H1 B stamped as long as you are on a valid visa, you will be on duration of status stay.
    You will need to get the new H1 B stamped, if you leave the country and try to come back, Hope that helps.

Comment

Thank you for your response.

Thank you for your response.

Originally posted by meha
      no you donot need to get the new H1 B stamped as long as you are on a valid visa, you will be on duration of status stay.
      You will need to get the new H1 B stamped, if you leave the country and try to come back, Hope that helps.

Comment

H1B transfer-does it require stamping

I am not clear about this case can you explain me in detail. My husband holds a H1visa with company A till nov 06 and has changed to company B in jan 05 and holds this new visa till dec07 and we are planning to go india this september so can he return U.S using old H1visa with company A as it's still valid.

Please let us know soon any ideas.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X