Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1b dropbox - selected Mumbai post can I go to Bangalore for dropbox instead of Pune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b dropbox - selected Mumbai post can I go to Bangalore for dropbox instead of Pune

Hi,

I am visiting India next month and I am eligible for dropbox at one of the dropbox facilities. I am from Maharashtra (preferred US consulate is Mumbai). While filling DS160, I selected Mumbai location.
    I plan to visit Pune VFS center - dropbox facility to process my H1b stamping.

Instead of visiting Pune, is it okay to go to Bangalore dropbox facility and drop documents there?

If (by chance) they issue 221g, do I need to go to Mumbai or Bangalore consulate?

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by bana12 View Post
    Hi,

I am visiting India next month and I am eligible for dropbox at one of the dropbox facilities. I am from Maharashtra (preferred US consulate is Mumbai). While filling DS160, I selected Mumbai location.
    I plan to visit Pune VFS center - dropbox facility to process my H1b stamping.

Instead of visiting Pune, is it okay to go to Bangalore dropbox facility and drop documents there?

If (by chance) they issue 221g, do I need to go to Mumbai or Bangalore consulate?

Thanks for your help.
    You may drop your passport anywhere where they are accepted. The consulate it goes to is determined by your application not by where you drop it.
    So when you fill DS-160 and the visa dropbox application on usvisadocs specify mumbai as the location. Now for pick up you may choose a completely different location too. e.g. Drop in Banglore for Mumbai Consulate and pick up in Delhi.

Just make sure the person knows what you are doing. best sign up for the premium delivery service by giving 500 rs. I had the same question and I asked it to the visa help line.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X