Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I travel to India while my H1B transfer is in progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel to India while my H1B transfer is in progress?

Dear Team,

Greetings!!

I joined a renowned company on receipt no back in June 2017 and currently my H1B transfer has got RFE. My law firm is saying that they will take time to file the response since my due date is Dec 31 and during response they will convert it in to Premium. I have below questions.

My visa is stamped until July 2018, I did the stamping done in Dec 2016 when I was working for my previous employer.

1) Is it necessary to file the RFE response near to the due date or can it filed any time when the response is ready?
    2) I have travel plan to India on Dec end, can I travel outside of US while H1B transfer is in progress considering I have a valid visa until July 2018?
    3) If the transfer is approved but I do not receive the hard copy of the approved premium, is it okay to travel ?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

regards,
    Sourav

Need to Get Stamped with Employer Working

I think you need to wait till h1b Approval and Get Stamped with Employer Working now.

You can still Travel To India but need to wait For Visa/ Appointment till approval.
    Last edited by kaushikmeduri; 11-08-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

You can still Travel To India but need to wait For Visa/ Appointment till approval

Originally posted by kaushikmeduri View Post
      I think you need to wait till h1b Approval and Get Stamped with Employer Working now.
      You can still Travel To India but need to wait For Visa/ Appointment till approval

Comment

Thanks for the response.
        Actually I do have a Visa valid until July 2018 so my understanding is even though I changed my employer I do not have to go for another stamping until my Visa is valid. I should be able to use the same visa to enter USA however I would have a different petition approved with my new employer.

Please advise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X