Fingerprinting after H1B dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fingerprinting after H1B dropbox

Hi - I had submitted my documents for H1b renewal via dropbox. Got a general email stating that passport is ready for pickup. After I picked up my passport, it had a letter stating that I need to appear for my fingerprint verification.

1. Could someone please let me know if this is normal processing (since I have seen a smooth process for all my friends).
    2. Also can someone share a view on how long it takes for visa issuance after I provide my fingerprint.
    3. Can I expect a smooth process after this

hey any updates on this?

I have same situation.
    Fri Nov 24 - Submitted application for H1B extension via Drop box at Mumbai VFS office
    Thur Nov 30 - Received an email for passport pick up
    Fri Dec 1 - Passport picked without stamped visa with light green slip asking to come for finger print verification.
    Mon Dec 4 - Going to visit Mumbai consulate for finger printing.
    Sun Dec 10 - Flight already booked for USA.

Questions :
    1. Is there anything wrong with the application because of this or a just general process?
    2. How much time it takes to get this thing done?

Comment

Same situation

I dropbox- ed on nov 20. Picked up passport on 27. Fingerprinted on 28th. Still waiting. Already rescheduled tickets once.

Comment

any updates for you by now?

I have provided my fingerprints on yesterday 12/4 and they mentioned it will take 3-4 business days. Hoping to get passport back on time.

Originally posted by visa1117 View Post
        I dropbox- ed on nov 20. Picked up passport on 27. Fingerprinted on 28th. Still waiting. Already rescheduled tickets once.

Comment

Any updates? I am still waiting for my visa/ passport.
          Started drop box Nov 20, fingerprint per 221g on Nov 27.

Comment

Same! Mumbai Consulate

11/16 - Dropbox-ed (case created)
            11/20 - Date updated on ceac website with status "Administrative Processing"
            11/21 - Email notice received
            11/22 - Passport collected with green 221g form requesting for fingerprint verification, no stamped visa
            11/30 - Fingerprints provided, date updated on ceac website with status "Administrative Processing"
            12/01 - Date updated on ceac website with status "Administrative Processing"

It's been a week of wait, return flight scheduled for 12/02 cancelled with no certainty as to when the visa will be ready.
            On other threads I read it is taking them 2 weeks for H1 stamping.. *fingers crossed*.

Comment

Originally posted by visa1117 View Post
              Any updates? I am still waiting for my visa/ passport.
              Started drop box Nov 20, fingerprint per 221g on Nov 27.
              I have the same issues. Dropbox submitted 21st Nov. Fingerprints provided 30th Nov. No update since
              Have you guys heard anything?

Comment

Timeline of Dropbox and FingerPrinting

Originally posted by nm_dropbox View Post
                Hi - I had submitted my documents for H1b renewal via dropbox. Got a general email stating that passport is ready for pickup. After I picked up my passport, it had a letter stating that I need to appear for my fingerprint verification.

1. Could someone please let me know if this is normal processing (since I have seen a smooth process for all my friends).
                2. Also can someone share a view on how long it takes for visa issuance after I provide my fingerprint.
                3. Can I expect a smooth process after this
                ================================

Hi,

Here is my timeline. Hopefully it will be helpful. I got my passport within 2-3 days after doing the finger printing.

30-Nov-17 Arrived in India (Mumbai)
                30-Nov-17 Submitted documents for Dropbox
                4-Dec-17 Went to Pune
                6-Dec-17 Got email saying passport is ready for pickup. No any other indication in the email whether visa is granted or not
                8-Dec-17 Picked up the passport and realized there is no visa. Instead got green form which said- Appear in Consulate any day between 10.30am to 11am
                11-Dec-17 Went to Mumbai consulate (BKC) @ 10.30 am. Did finger printing. Came back out of consulate at 1pm.
                13-Dec-17 Got email saying passport is being returned
                15-Dec-17 Picked up the passport. Found visa page. Relieved
                20-Dec-17 Came back to USA

Comment

My 2 cents

I submitted my documents for H1B stamping on Aug 21st via dropbox in Mumbai and opted for premium delivery as I stay in another city. On the 27th, the passport tracking status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" but the status on the CEAC site still remained at "Administrative processing" so I knew something was wrong. I received my passports on the 29th (Premium Delivery!!!) and saw the Green slip mentioning "fingerprint verification only" asking us to visit the consulate on any weekday between 10:30 and 11:00 AM. Immediately booked a ticket for the 30th morning and gave my and wife's fingerprints (We both received separate letters with our passports in separate envelopes) on the 30th itself and returned to my home town. I checked the status today, the 31st and it shows "Issued" as the status so I believe the biggest hurdle is cleared. I am now thinking that opting for an interview would have been more beneficial than dropbox as they anyway call people for fingerprinting or any other random requirement. You go for an interview and clear everything once and for all, no need to visit again. We had our daughter with us who was thoroughly exhausted by the end of the day.

Comment

Fingerprinting after dropbox

Guys . Here's my experience

Dec 10 : dropped documents as per dropbox interview for me and wife (h1 and h4)
                    Dec 20 : passport ready for pickup .
                    Dec 21 : picked up the passport. no visa stamped with green slip saying fingerprint verification required on any day 10.30 am to 11 am
                    Consulate closed for long 24,25,26 dec
                    Dec 27 : Did the fingerprint verification at consulate . No update since then.

Had my flight back on Dec 30 which I had give a miss.Whats weird is that the passport tracker says "Passport was picked up" which seem to be the last status of passport when I picked it up on Dec 21.

Anyone facing similar scenario ? any recommendations ?

Comment

Originally posted by hemanshu_sheth View Post
                      Guys . Here's my experience

Dec 21 : picked up the passport. no visa stamped with green slip saying fingerprint verification required on any day 10.30 am to 11 am
                      Consulate closed for long 24,25,26 dec
                      Dec 27 : Did the fingerprint verification at consulate . No update since then.

Had my flight back on Dec 30 which I had give a miss.Whats weird is that the passport tracker says "Passport was picked up" which seem to be the last status of passport when I picked it up on Dec 21.

Anyone facing similar scenario ? any recommendations ?
                      I am exactly in the same situation.. dropped documents on 4th Dec and picked up passport with green slip for fingerprinting on 19th Dec and given fingerprinting on 20th for H1 and H4 both.. since then no update.. not sure when can I get an update.. checking very frequently ..I see the date updated but the status is AP..
                      Last edited by h1b5474; 12-31-2018, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by h1b5474 View Post
                        I am exactly in the same situation.. dropped documents on 4th Dec and picked up passport with green slip for fingerprinting on 19th Dec and given fingerprinting on 20th for H1 and H4 both.. since then no update.. not sure when can I get an update.. checking very frequently ..I see the date updated but the status is AP..
                        Got my wife's passport back today. Pretty bizarre to me , since she's dependent on me and we both applied together.Anyways something.

Comment

Got my wife's passport back today. Pretty bizarre to me , since she's dependent on me and we both applied together.Anyways something.
                          is the passport with H4 visa stamp? you both received 221g for finger printing?

Comment

Originally posted by h1b5474 View Post
                            is the passport with H4 visa stamp? you both received 221g for finger printing?
                            Yes that's correct. Now mine shows Issued but no email for passport.

Comment

Yes that's correct. Now mine shows Issued but no email for passport.
                              Got my visa issued today . here's my timeline

Dec 27 : Did the fingerprint verification at consulate .
                              Dec 31 : Received Wife's passport with H4 visa
                              Jan 2 : Received my passport with H1B visa

I feel interview waiver people should go for finger printing before dropbox and keep 3 weeks of time for visa processing

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X