Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using courtesy copy of i797 for visa stamping(Dropbox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using courtesy copy of i797 for visa stamping(Dropbox)

Hi, I came to India for an emergency.. I need to go for visa stamping.. I am eligible for drop box option. My h1b extension approved in oct 23rd and got my courtesy copy of l797. I am yet to receive my hard copy. Can I use courtesy copy for stamping(drop box)? Will they allow? What are the consequences?

Originally posted by gopal1616 View Post
    Hi, I came to India for an emergency.. I need to go for visa stamping.. I am eligible for drop box option. My h1b extension approved in oct 23rd and got my courtesy copy of l797. I am yet to receive my hard copy. Can I use courtesy copy for stamping(drop box)? Will they allow? What are the consequences?
    See if someone can ship the hard copy to you in India. Submit the same to avoid delays.

Just a suggestion.

Comment

What is a courtesey copy ?
      If you mean the scanned copy of the original I 797 which the lawyer sends then yes you can use a copy of the I 797.
      If you mean the electronic version email then probably no.

Ask your lawyer to scan the hard copy and email it to you. That is sufficient for the Dropbox. I just submitted mine couple of days ago and the guy never looked at the original.

Comment

did the courtesy copy work for your dropbox?

Originally posted by gopal1616 View Post
        Hey Gopal,

Did the courtesy copy work for your H1B drop box case and while you were returning back to US? I'm in the same boat (i.e haven't received the I797 approval) though the USCIS website says its been approved and mailed to the attorneys a month ago. My attorneys advised me to go ahead with the courtesy copy.

Look forward to your feedback.

Comment

Can someone explain to me what is a courtesy copy? I am on the same boat where my H1-B got approved by the new employer but I have not received the original physical I-797 yet. Gopal or Shekz: Please share your experience if you see my message? Thanks a lot in advance.

Comment

Gopal/Vikas - Any updates on if you were able to use courtesy copy for H1-B stamping? Thanks in advance!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X