H1B Administrative Processing delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Administrative Processing delay

Hello everyone, I am currently in Venezuela and I went to the consulate on November 2nd to the interview. The consulate officer just asked me about the position name and company address, and said the Visa was approved, in fact he gives me back the 797 form stating that I will need it when entering into US. A week after the interview, I decided to check why the passport wasn't delivered and I realized that it was in "Administrative Processing". Today, 14 days after the interview the status is the same, and no matter what I ask them using all the access to contact them their answers are the same generic description of how Administrative Processing is. What do you think about this? Is approved or not? How long AP is taking ultimately?

H1B visa stamping approved but not yet received passport

I have attended visa interview on 11/07/2017 at Hyderabad Consulate, VO asked couple questions, Taken passport and said Happy Journey. I didn't receive my passport till now. Following websites showing three different status.

1. ustraveldocs -- Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate
    2. cgifederal.secure.force.com -- Document Delivery Information: (5 days ago same website showed Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate)
    3. ceac.state.gov -- Administrative Processing

Comment

Did you get any reply

Did you get any reply?

Originally posted by panthamm View Post
      I have attended visa interview on 11/07/2017 at Hyderabad Consulate, VO asked couple questions, Taken passport and said Happy Journey. I didn't receive my passport till now. Following websites showing three different status.

1. ustraveldocs -- Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate
      2. cgifederal.secure.force.com -- Document Delivery Information: (5 days ago same website showed Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate)
      3. ceac.state.gov -- Administrative Processing

Comment

Originally posted by softengg153 View Post
        Did you get any reply?
        I'm in the similar boat. with H1B stamping.

Interview Date: Dec 4, 2017 @ Hyd Consulate
        VO asked generic questions and mentioned that it is done. Did not give any slip or mentioned 221g.
        Checked the Visa Application Status online and it shows Administrative Processing.

Not sure what we can do but to wait patiently.

Comment

Originally posted by softengg153 View Post
          Did you get any reply?
          Did you receive your stamped passport back? How long did it take?

My passport was submitted about 10 working days back and I haven't heard anything back yet. The CGI website says 'Document Delivery Information:' and that's it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X