Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60 Days Grace when H1B Transfer Denied while working with Employer B on Receipt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Days Grace when H1B Transfer Denied while working with Employer B on Receipt?

Thanks for taking time to read my post.*

I was working with Employer A until June 2017 and my I-94 was/is valid till Oct 2018.*

Employer B filed H1B Transfer under Regular Processing (due to P.P. Freeze) and I started working with them based on "Receipt" starting July 2017.*

In August USCIS issued a RFE (requesting evidence on job/role being Specialty Occupation requiring Bachelor's Degree) which the Attorney responded to in Nov 2017. On 21st Nov I saw on USCIS website that the case was Denied. Attorney is yet to receive the physical copy and said that upon receipt of that I will need to stop working for Employer B and leave USA as soon as possible. Employer B is planning to start new H1B application under Consular Processing and therefore I will need to get Visa Stamping done upon approval and then enter USA.*

I have already confirmed that the old Employer A has not proactively filed to revoke my H1B.*

My questions:*

1. My understanding is that I cannot go back and resume working with Employer A because there's gap of about 5 months in payroll and also the Employer B did generate Paystubs for those 5 months. Can't get paid by two employers for same period on H1B.*Please correct me if I am wrong.*

2. Do I get the 60 days Grace Period (based on Rule implemented in Jan 2017) staring the date of H1B Transfer Denial?

--- (a). If yes, then do I really need to leave the country? Can I stay in USA up to 60 days and wait for Approval on the new Petition?*

--- (b) If no, is that because I*was working with Employer B based on Receipt?

3. If I do get 60 days Grace Period then can I start working again as soon as I get Receipt of new H1B petition or do I have to wait till the Approval.*

4. While I am staying out of USA can I continue to work for Employer B and get paid here in USA?

Hi,

I am also in the same boat as you're. Did you get any solution for your problem. please post the solution, if you have any.

Thanks. Urgent help is required.

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thanks for taking time to read my post.*

I was working with Employer A until June 2017 and my I-94 was/is valid till Oct 2018.*

Employer B filed H1B Transfer under Regular Processing (due to P.P. Freeze) and I started working with them based on "Receipt" starting July 2017.*

In August USCIS issued a RFE (requesting evidence on job/role being Specialty Occupation requiring Bachelor's Degree) which the Attorney responded to in Nov 2017. On 21st Nov I saw on USCIS website that the case was Denied. Attorney is yet to receive the physical copy and said that upon receipt of that I will need to stop working for Employer B and leave USA as soon as possible. Employer B is planning to start new H1B application under Consular Processing and therefore I will need to get Visa Stamping done upon approval and then enter USA.*

I have already confirmed that the old Employer A has not proactively filed to revoke my H1B.*

My questions:*

1. My understanding is that I cannot go back and resume working with Employer A because there's gap of about 5 months in payroll and also the Employer B did generate Paystubs for those 5 months. Can't get paid by two employers for same period on H1B.*Please correct me if I am wrong.*

2. Do I get the 60 days Grace Period (based on Rule implemented in Jan 2017) staring the date of H1B Transfer Denial?

--- (a). If yes, then do I really need to leave the country? Can I stay in USA up to 60 days and wait for Approval on the new Petition?*

--- (b) If no, is that because I*was working with Employer B based on Receipt?

3. If I do get 60 days Grace Period then can I start working again as soon as I get Receipt of new H1B petition or do I have to wait till the Approval.*

4. While I am staying out of USA can I continue to work for Employer B and get paid here in USA?

Comment

Hello, What did you guys end up doing? Do we get the 60 days from the date of denial? I just got a denial and would be good to know about this. Thanks.

Originally posted by H1bcase_1 View Post
      Hi,

I am also in the same boat as you're. Did you get any solution for your problem. please post the solution, if you have any.

Thanks. Urgent help is required.

Comment

Requesting info

Originally posted by shackle View Post
        Hello, What did you guys end up doing? Do we get the 60 days from the date of denial?

Hi Guys,

Can you please let us know what happened in your cases?

Comment

Did anyone can answer? I am also on the same boat.. Can one stay after deniel and do transfer? if he has valid I94 date based on previous left employer I797 5-6 months ago?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X