Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move from A to B with approved I-140 (filed by A). When can I switch from B to C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Move from A to B with approved I-140 (filed by A). When can I switch from B to C?

Need your help with following situation.

Scenario: I am at company A. Six years complete on H-1B. Beyond six years extension applied based on PERM application where my I-140 has been approved. H-1B extension beyond six years received for three more years (till 2020). I am now changing my job (to company B) where my new employer says that after H-1B is transferred, they will initiate my Green card.

Spouse: On EAD

Questions:

1) After I change my jobs to Company B and H-1B is transferred, the entire PERM / Green card application is re-initiated. I understand it may take up to 1.5 years. What if I want to switch from company B within an year? Will that be possible or will I have to wait for the new I-140 to be approved? Its a very small company so I have to consider this option. How long will I have to stay with company B before I can move again.

2) What happens to the old I-140 after the new one is filed?

3) My H1-B transfer has been initiated by Company B (priority filing, not yet approved). If I decide to stay with Company A now, what will be the process? Will my current employer have to file H1 transfer again? I still haven't resigned from Company A. How will the new filing affect things for me?

4) Through this entire process, will my wife's EAD ever be under jeopardy?

Please let me know your thoughts. Thank you!

Anyone?

Bump! Appreciate any info you guys might have on this.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X