Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 - H4 - H1 Query

Hi,

I would really appreciate your suggestions to my query.

I came to USA in March 2015 on H4 Visa. At the same time, I had applied for H1-b from Company A (Consultancy).

My case was picked in lottery and approved from Company A (effective October, 2015). But I did not get any project from them. I kept looking for projects to work as C2C. But till March 2016, I did not get any projects. Company A suggested to change my status from H1-b to H4 and got my status changed.

During the tenure from Oct 2015 to March 2016, I was on H1-b Visa. As I did not get any projects:
    1. I did NOT apply for SSN.
    2. Company A never ran my payroll and did not give any salary so I do not have any paystubs.
    3. I was NOT working on any project/assignment.

Fast forward, my change of status got approved in August 2016. Since August 2016, I am on H4 Visa. Recently, I received a job offer from Company B. Company B has agreed to apply for my H4 to H1-b transfer.

Now I have a few questions:
    1. Have I broken any rules/laws?
    2. While Company B will file for my H4 to H1-b transfer, am I getting myself into any risk?
    3. If there are NO risks, then in some documentation required by Company B; they need my SSN details, which I do not have.
    a. Should I clearly discuss with Company B’s HR about my SSN?
    b. Should I fill my ITIN details to start off with the immigration process?
    4. Currently my husband’s PERM is under process with Company X. Will my arrangements with Company B in anyway affect my husband?

Thank you for your time and suggestions.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X