Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Administrative Processing - H4 Visa

Hello,

My wife had her H4 visa interview in the Mumbai consulate on 22nd November 2017. Her interview went fine. The officer told her that the visa is approved and she should receive her passport back in a week. No 221G or any type of slip was given to her. Her status has been showing "Administrative Processing" since then. Its been 14 days since her interview. The status is still the same. Is there any problem? Her return flight is pretty soon. What are her options to expedite it?

Anybody in similar situation?

Originally posted by The Rock View Post
    Hello,

My wife had her H4 visa interview in the Mumbai consulate on 22nd November 2017. Her interview went fine. The officer told her that the visa is approved and she should receive her passport back in a week. No 221G or any type of slip was given to her. Her status has been showing "Administrative Processing" since then. Its been 14 days since her interview. The status is still the same. Is there any problem? Her return flight is pretty soon. What are her options to expedite it?

I'm waiting a little less than you are, but no update on the status have been made since the interview date in CEAC yet for me. I know a few more who are waiting without 221g. There are no expedite options, you just have to wait I guess. You can ask them after 60 days for the case status, not before then.

Opinion, not legal advice.

Comment

221G Admin Processing for H4 Visa Interview in Kolkata Consulate

Hello,

I got 221g pink slip during my H4 Interview on 27-Dec-2017. VO kept my passport and told me that the administrative process would lake than 2 weeks. In CEAC site, my case got created on 27-Dec. It was updated on 29-Dec and also today 02-Jan. The case got updated twice so far but the status is still AP - does it mean that I might get the passport stamped soon?

Please share your experience with case update dates and eventually getting passport back.

Thanks.

Comment

H4 Administrative Processing 221g

My case is similar. I had H1B renewal (same firm, dropbox eligible) and my wife had change of status from F1 to H4.

We went to Visa Application Center on Dec 20th. I submittted my documents on dropbox wimdow and my wife had to get her Biometrics and fingerprinting done.

She went for her interview the next day on Dec 21st to the New Delhi Consulate.

The VO asked straight questions about which university she go to on F1? did she use OPT? What was my salary? Where did we live in the US? Then the VO asked for my I-797 approval which she provided and then she asked for my current H1B stamp for which my wife that I had submitted it for renewal yesterday at Nehru Place. The VO said it is odd that both of us didnt come together. Then she told my wife that they will have to do some administrative processing and it will take some weeks before the visa will be approved. She gave my wife 221g yellow slip with the case number.

I receieved my H1B approval on Dec 26th and passport on Dec 29th but wife case is still on “Administrative Processing” since Dec 21st. Finally today the case got updated but the status is the same “Administrative Processing”. Our flight is on Dec 6th and we are concerned we might not receive my wife visa and passport on time.

Is anybody facing the same issue with 221g on F1->H4 change. Is it because my wife didnt have my latest visa stamp with her?

Thanks for all your experiences.

Comment

Rs

I attended my interview on 30th November, 2017 : status Administrative Processing from Same day, it's been more than a month, no update.

Cgi federal website shows document delivery information blank.

So sad, helpless

Comment

Any updates on the CEAC website? Did they ask any further information?

Comment

No update

I tried calling the helpline and sending the email, got the same response, Case is under Administrative Processing, in case further information will be required, I will be contacted

Comment

Originally posted by NJ86 View Post
                My case is similar. I had H1B renewal (same firm, dropbox eligible) and my wife had change of status from F1 to H4.

We went to Visa Application Center on Dec 20th. I submittted my documents on dropbox wimdow and my wife had to get her Biometrics and fingerprinting done.

She went for her interview the next day on Dec 21st to the New Delhi Consulate.

The VO asked straight questions about which university she go to on F1? did she use OPT? What was my salary? Where did we live in the US? Then the VO asked for my I-797 approval which she provided and then she asked for my current H1B stamp for which my wife that I had submitted it for renewal yesterday at Nehru Place. The VO said it is odd that both of us didnt come together. Then she told my wife that they will have to do some administrative processing and it will take some weeks before the visa will be approved. She gave my wife 221g yellow slip with the case number.

I receieved my H1B approval on Dec 26th and passport on Dec 29th but wife case is still on “Administrative Processing” since Dec 21st. Finally today the case got updated but the status is the same “Administrative Processing”. Our flight is on Dec 6th and we are concerned we might not receive my wife visa and passport on time.

Is anybody facing the same issue with 221g on F1->H4 change. Is it because my wife didnt have my latest visa stamp with her?

Thanks for all your experiences.

I applied for the visa from F1 TO H4 on December 5th, status changed December 26th, January 2nd and 3rd but still in administrative proccessing. VO said its approved and I should go get the passport after a week, please advise once you receive your passport.

Comment

@ The Rock

Hi @ The Rock,

I am on the same boat did you receive your passport.

Comment

L2 visa approved after Administrative Processing

Hi everyone, i would like to share my experience with you all regarding Administrative Processing.

I had an interview in new delhi US embassy on 30 Nov 2017 for Non Immigrant Visa and my application was Approved by VO and no slip was given to me. it was told to me , I will soon be receiving my passport. However, my case on CEAC immediately went to Administrative Processing (my husband had the interview on same day L1 , received passport in 3 days).

Around 13 dec 2017 , status on cgi federal changed to "Document Delivery Information:" shown as blank.

I enquire on helpline and also sent a couple to emails to embassy, i reveived the same response, "Embassy will contact me for any information, if needed. I need to wait for the processing to complete. The processing will take its time and it cannot be expedited".

On 18th Jan 2018 (Thursday), around 3 in afternoon , my status on CEAC changed to Application Received" (your case is open and ready for interview, fingerprints and required dicuments, if already had interview check back in 2 business days).

On 22 jan 2018 (Monday) status changed to AP (around 3 in afternoon), the very next day...

On 23 jan 2018 status changed to Issued (around 3 in afternoon).
                    ... while on cgi federal it still displayed "Document Delivery Information" as blank. Checked with helpline, they said statuses on cgi federal are delayed sometimes, its better to check your email or phone for SMS notification and also keep tracking your passport status via email or passport tracker

Today morning, i.e. 25 jan 2018 displayed on cgi federal that my passport is ready for pick up. Got it collected today, happy! 😊

I wish for people , who have their cases struck in Administrative Processing gets approved soon. I understand its hard to keep patience , it was so hard for me to count each minute and thinking to the final decision literally made a cry. But in 60 days, i got to hear back from embassy.

Best of luck to all

Comment

Can you update the forum member on the final outcome as to when passport was ready ?

Originally posted by The Rock View Post
                      Hello,

I am in similar situation for my Wife's H4 Visa at Mumbai US Embassy. VO approved visa and mentioned visa will be given within a week.
                      Case is stuck in Administrative Processing stage.

Case Created: 21st Sept 2018
                      Case Update1: 22nd Sept 2018, Admin Processing
                      Case Update2: 27th Sept 2018, Admin Processing

Wondering when will we receive the passport with VISA stamped.

Comment

Hi, Can someone please help on my case:
                        • I am working on H1B VISA in the USA since Jan'15. I got married recently. After filling in all required documentation, we scheduled her H4B VISA interview on 7th March’19 at New Delhi Consulate
                        • My wife was interviewed at US-consulate for about 3-4 hrs and finally, the officer returned her passport on the same day (7th March’19) andkept Original marriage certificate and marriage photographs for further investigation
                        • She was never provided with any 221G form or any receipt in return
                        • Consulate did not ask any additional documents nor we got any intimation via email/phone post her visa appointment visit
                        • They returned Original marriage certificate and marriage photographs on 15th April’19yet they did not provide any additional information
                        • It is past 60 days and her case is still in Administrative Process
                        • We called several times to the consulate and yet consulate does not have any information. Consulate is asking us to wait but there is no specific ETA on the same
                        Any idea what will happen next? can we refill the DS-160 and schedule a new appointment?

Comment

My wife and kid had interview on feb 13, 2019. Given blue 221g slip, no docs asked. Since then its in AP.
                          wife & kid visiting pakistan and have been living with me in US on previous H4.

So brother, wat smcan one say, just waiting

Please update whenevr ur case get any update. Thanks

Comment

I see that there are a few old cases here, could you let us know how long your cases were in the admin processing?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                            X