221g f1->h1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g f1->h1

Gave my h1b interview on 12/04/2017. Vo didnt ask for any docs except for passport. Asked a few general question. Interview went well. Issued 221g telling me that we need some additional docs for the case.
    I submitted resume, research work, itinerary, workex etc. Checked the status online its under AP. Anyone in the same boat?

Same boat

Hi - I gave my interview on 4th oct and was told that my visa is approved, the VO retained my passport and said I can pick up in a week. No documents have been asked so far. The online tracker has since shown 'administrative processing' with no change or update on the tracker.

I followed up several times so far but nothing outside the standard response.

Comment

Hi All,
      I was in the same boat till a couple of days back .Had an F-1 Visa and was transferring to H1. I gave my Visa Interview on 20th October and surprisingly was handed a 221g White Slip and told that they needed more information before processing my Visa. It took a few days for me to get the required documents together, get it reviewed by the Legal team and then i submitted the documents on 8th November. There was no change in my status untill 10th December. And then on 12th December, i received an e-mail to submit my passport for further processing.On 14th , i received an e-mail from the Consulate saying that my Passport has been returned. The Visa was stamped on 14th December and i picked up my passport on 18th of December.

I'm not sure why i was put on 221g since i work for one of the largest IT companies in the world which has a lot of federal and government contracts and I'm a full time employee of the organisation.The only reason i can think of is that my MS specialization was in AI and Machine learning and since i was asked about my specialization in the Visa interview, maybe i was put under TAL and hence the 221g.

The biggest thing that i have learnt from this experiences is that if you have all your documents in place then you need not worry. Just submit your documents and keep checking the website in a day or two for any updates. Checking it daily will only lead to more stress.

If it has been more than 60 days, then please e-mail [email protected] to find out about your case. You can also try your luck by sending them e-mail even now and just a gentle query regarding your case status.

Enjoy your time when you are in India. It seems difficult but there is nothing more you can do other than wait so make the best use of it.

Hope you guy's get your Visa stamped ASAP.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X