Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Denied and no decision on amendment

Hi,
    I am currently on CPT. On April 1st 2017 my employer filed my H1 under general quota and it was picked in the lottery. I was working for Client A Location A when my H1 was filed. Later in June I changed to new Client B New location B but same employer. In August 2017 my employer filed amendment for Change in Client B Location B.
    I got Level-1 RFE on my old Petition for Client A and on Nov 24 2017 my employer responded to the RFE with supporting documents with the new Client B letters. He also submitted old Client A letters just in case.
    We did not go for premium for the H1 or the amendment or the RFE.
    On Dec4th 2017 the USCIS case status for old Client A is showing as Denied. We are yet to receive the documents for Denial.
    My H1 amendment for New Client B still shows as “case was received on August 05/2017”.
    With the above scenario, here are my questions –
    1) Does it mean my H1 for 2017 is revoked and I need to file new H1 in 2018 ?
    2) Is it normal this way to deny the old petition for Client A as we still have the amendment for Client B on which a decision has yet to be made by USCIS.
    3) When we filed an amendment for ClientB in August, why would USCIS send us RFE for Client A.
    4) Do I still have hopes to a decision on amendment for new Client B and may end up getting RFE on this one and may be get this approved?
    Any help on these questions would be of great help as I have my marriage in March 2018 and Need to travel to India. If H1 is denied then I can still travel to India on my CPT and come back. If there are chances getting approved based on amendment, then I need to plan my travel as I will go for H1 stamping.

Thanks.

You are not in a H1 status now, as your primary H1 petition is denied.
    Not sure how much time you have on your F visa. If your F visa has also expired validity you need to leave US immediately - Basically your case is screwed up..!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X