Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel during H1 transfer

Hi All

I am an Indian citizen and currently residing in the US. I would like to know about travel restriction during the H1B transfer process.

Below is my current H1B status:
    H1B petition end date is 29th Dec 2017
    I-94 expiring on 30th Dec 2017

I recently got selected by a company and the company is ready to file my H1B transfer but at the same time due to personal reason I might have to travel outside US and hence I would like to know more about travel restriction during H1B transfer process. Below are my concerns:
    1. Once the company initiates the H1B transfer, how long does it take to the approval or rejection ?
    2. Since my current H1B petition expiration date is really close, if the approval is still pending with USCIS, am I allowed to stay is US with expired H1B and I-94?
    3. For whatever reason if I have to travel before approval or rejection , does my transfer petition gets invalidated or if the H1B transfer is file under consular process , I can travel after my H1B transfer is initiated even if it is still pending with USCIS for final approval. Once approved, I would have it get it stamp before entrying US.

I really appreciate if anyone can share the information or insight for such a case.

Regards,
    Sam

1. Premium processing: 2 weeks. Regular processing: 8 months or more.
    2. Yes.
    3. You can travel outside the US, but in order to return, you would have to have H1 visa approved. If your visa stamp has expired, you would have to for stamping as well.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      1. Premium processing: 2 weeks. Regular processing: 8 months or more.
      2. Yes.
      3. You can travel outside the US, but in order to return, you would have to have H1 visa approved. If your visa stamp has expired, you would have to for stamping as well.

First of all, thanks for the information.
      Just want to reconfirm for Item#3. So there is no difference between consular process for H1B transafer and regular process.correct ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X