Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Answered NO to "has anyone filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the USA?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answered NO to "has anyone filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the USA?"

Hi guys,

Good Evening! I accidentally answered NO to the question on DS-160 form "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?" even though I have my I-140 approved 9 months ago. Until I researched about this question today I didn't know it was related to I-140 and I should have answered YES instead.

I submitted by H1B renewal application through DropBox on December 12th but today I received a call from Hyderabad US Consulate stating that they want to interview me along with taking finger prints. Looking back at my DS-160 form again today I came to know that the above stated question was incorrectly answered by me.

My concern now is,

1) Will they ask me to submit another DropBox request by filing a new DS-160 Form along with paying additional $190 during the interview?

(or)

2) Will they just approve my H1B renew request and grant the VISA based on the original I-140 approval I'm going to show them during the interview?

(or)

3) Since this is the same fulltime company I originally got my VISA stamping for I can't think of any additional reasons but there could be something related to it?

I'm supposed to report back to work on December 28th but they scheduled an in person interview with me for December 28th (now I have to reschedule my return flight ). So any help on these questions is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Vardhan

There is no way to know in advance what they will do. But when you go there, you should clarify this mistake.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
      There is no way to know in advance what they will do. But when you go there, you should clarify this mistake.
      Sure, I will definitely clarify that mistake with the VO. Appreciate your response.

Comment

Interview was for your answer as NO only

Originally posted by vardhan1456 View Post
        Sure, I will definitely clarify that mistake with the VO. Appreciate your response.
        Hello Vardhan, May i know what happened during the interview and what was the reason to come in person. Thank you

Comment

please update your experience

vardhan1456, jenamils
          I did same mistake and 2 days back did the drop-box.
          Can you please update your experience?

Comment

update on your case

Originally posted by jenamils View Post
            Hello Vardhan, May i know what happened during the interview and what was the reason to come in person. Thank you
            hi Vardhan, Jenamils,
            can you update on you case? did the allow you to change and did you receive you visa/how long it took?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by h1visa2019 View Post
              vardhan1456, jenamils

Hi,

Did u get any updates on ur Visa ?

Comment

Originally posted by h1visa2019 View Post

vardhan1456, jenamils
                Hi,

I made the same mistake as this is the first time I'm going for visa stamping after I140 approval.

Please mention what happened to your cases? How did you finally deal with the situation?

Thanks in advance

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X