Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa - please help with suggestions

Hi,

Please read my situation below and let me know what are the possible answers I could give and please suggest me on any additional questions at Visa Interview.
    I have my H4 visa stamping scheduled on Jan 12. Previously I worked in US on H1 visa and due to denial of my extension and expiry of I-94 I came to India after a week from the date of my denial notice. I came along with my kid (US citizen). My wife is also working on H1 from the past 3 years. Now, I'm going for H4 visa based on my wife's H1.

1. How can I convince the VO that I will not be working in the US on my H4, as i already worked in US the VO may think I will change the status and work again.
    2. Can I take my kid to the interview ?
    3. When I say I'm going to accompany my wife in US, if the VO asks why can't your wife come and stay with you, what is the best answer I could give ?
    4. What are the original documents should I carry for the Interview ?

Thanks in advance and and appreciate you suggestions.

Originally posted by kuru2425 View Post
    Hi,

Please read my situation below and let me know what are the possible answers I could give and please suggest me on any additional questions at Visa Interview.
    I have my H4 visa stamping scheduled on Jan 12. Previously I worked in US on H1 visa and due to denial of my extension and expiry of I-94 I came to India after a week from the date of my denial notice. I came along with my kid (US citizen). My wife is also working on H1 from the past 3 years. Now, I'm going for H4 visa based on my wife's H1.

1. How can I convince the VO that I will not be working in the US on my H4, as i already worked in US the VO may think I will change the status and work again.
    2. Can I take my kid to the interview ?
    3. When I say I'm going to accompany my wife in US, if the VO asks why can't your wife come and stay with you, what is the best answer I could give ?
    4. What are the original documents should I carry for the Interview ?

Thanks in advance and and appreciate you suggestions.
    1. Working or not working on H4 has got nothing to do with approval/rejection of H4. People on H4 can get EAD (if available in their case) and work. H4 approval has no requirement that you should not work.
    2. Not recommended, but yes you can take.
    3. That question makes no sense. Where to work and what to do is you/your wife's personal decision.
    4. The H1 holder's relevant documents (I797, etc.) and their salary slips/employer information, just in case. If the VO feels he/she needs anything else to make a decision in your case, they will ask for it, and will ask you to submit electronically.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
      1. Working or not working on H4 has got nothing to do with approval/rejection of H4. People on H4 can get EAD (if available in their case) and work. H4 approval has no requirement that you should not work.
      2. Not recommended, but yes you can take.
      3. That question makes no sense. Where to work and what to do is you/your wife's personal decision.
      4. The H1 holder's relevant documents (I797, etc.) and their salary slips/employer information, just in case. If the VO feels he/she needs anything else to make a decision in your case, they will ask for it, and will ask you to submit electronically.

Hi Scientist,

Thanks for your reply.
      For point # 4 do i need to carry the original documents ?

Comment

help

Hi, please help with below questions.
        I am an Indian currently working in USA on H1B. My GF is an Indian working in Germany on work permit. Due to some personal reasons (family issues) we both are planning to visit Canada and get married there (court marriage and get certificate from Canada).

1. Can we apply for H4 visa in US consulate with Canada marriage certificate?
        2. If apply for H4 in US consulate in India, will they accept Canadian marriage certificate?

Comment

Originally posted by one4help View Post
          Hi, please help with below questions.
          I am an Indian currently working in USA on H1B. My GF is an Indian working in Germany on work permit. Due to some personal reasons (family issues) we both are planning to visit Canada and get married there (court marriage and get certificate from Canada).

1. Can we apply for H4 visa in US consulate with Canada marriage certificate?
          2. If apply for H4 in US consulate in India, will they accept Canadian marriage certificate?
          Should be OK for both questions. Where to get married is your prerogative.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by kuru2425 View Post
          Hi Scientist,

Thanks for your reply.
          For point # 4 do i need to carry the original documents ?
          Copies should be OK too. If the VO feels they need to see more proof or originals they will always ask you, and give you time to submit later.
          Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X