H4 Visa Drop off 6th dec, Called for interview, still in AP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Drop off 6th dec, Called for interview, still in AP

Me (h4) and my husband (h1b) did a dropbox on 6th of Dec at Mumbai consulate, for renewed visa stamp, I797 already approved for both.

Visa was issued to my husband on 12th Dec while my status was showing in AP. Both our Passports were returned back by 16th of Dec. My husband's passport was stamped while my passport had a green slip (221 G), no visa stamp, with check box "to appear for interview with the officer between 10.30 AM to 11:00 AM on any working day at the consulate" was checked.

I appeared for interview on 19th of Dec, it was a regular process, with fingerprint followed by interview.

A bit of background on my status, I went to US on F1 Visa, later changed to h4 in 2016 and got my first h4 stamp in Dec 2016. This one is a renewal of h4 visa.

My interview went like this -

VO : Did you go to school in US
    Me : Yes
    VO : <Started making few entries in the system>
    VO : When are you travelling
    Me : 24th of Dec
    VO : Ooh (gave kind of Oops! Expression), I need to verify few things in the system during your tenure as a student which will take 1-1.5 week, I am adding a note to your pp to expedite but i don't guarantee it will be ready by this weekend. He kept the passport with him and wrote something on a yellow sticky paper and put it on my PP.
    Me : Sure, thank you very much.

First email to traveldocs support on 12/22 and in response they said - "the applicant's visa application is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. Also, when additional administrative processing is required, the length of processing time will vary based on the circumstances of each case hence it cannot be expedited. Please be assured that, once the processing is completed or if the Embassy needs further information, you will be contacted for the same"

My husband left for States as per the plan on 24th Dec and I changed my ticket to Open from confirm

Second email to traveldocs support on 26th Dec, response - "In response to your question, applicant visa application is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. If you have not received any intimation in more than 10 calendar days, then you may contact our help desk"

Today morning, as of 29th Dec, we again contacted the help desk saying its been more than 10 calendar days. No response from them yet.

Case created : 6th Dec
    Case Last updated : 19th Dec - AP (Day of my interview)
    Case last updated : 29th Dec, Status - AP

Is anyone else on the same boat. The VO never said anything like your visa is approved, he just said that i cant guarantee if your pp will be ready before you are travelling.

I am extremely worried and stressed since the officer said he is adding a note to expedite, still it has been more than 10 calendar days and no update.
    Please share your experiences/advices.

Thanks.

Originally posted by akiver19 View Post
    Me (h4) and my husband (h1b) did a dropbox on 6th of Dec at Mumbai consulate, for renewed visa stamp, I797 already approved for both.

Visa was issued to my husband on 12th Dec while my status was showing in AP. Both our Passports were returned back by 16th of Dec. My husband's passport was stamped while my passport had a green slip (221 G), no visa stamp, with check box "to appear for interview with the officer between 10.30 AM to 11:00 AM on any working day at the consulate" was checked.

I appeared for interview on 19th of Dec, it was a regular process, with fingerprint followed by interview.

A bit of background on my status, I went to US on F1 Visa, later changed to h4 in 2016 and got my first h4 stamp in Dec 2016. This one is a renewal of h4 visa.

My interview went like this -

VO : Did you go to school in US
    Me : Yes
    VO : <Started making few entries in the system>
    VO : When are you travelling
    Me : 24th of Dec
    VO : Ooh (gave kind of Oops! Expression), I need to verify few things in the system during your tenure as a student which will take 1-1.5 week, I am adding a note to your pp to expedite but i don't guarantee it will be ready by this weekend. He kept the passport with him and wrote something on a yellow sticky paper and put it on my PP.
    Me : Sure, thank you very much.

First email to traveldocs support on 12/22 and in response they said - "the applicant's visa application is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. Also, when additional administrative processing is required, the length of processing time will vary based on the circumstances of each case hence it cannot be expedited. Please be assured that, once the processing is completed or if the Embassy needs further information, you will be contacted for the same"

My husband left for States as per the plan on 24th Dec and I changed my ticket to Open from confirm

Second email to traveldocs support on 26th Dec, response - "In response to your question, applicant visa application is under processing at the Embassy/Consulate. If you have not received any intimation in more than 10 calendar days, then you may contact our help desk"

Today morning, as of 29th Dec, we again contacted the help desk saying its been more than 10 calendar days. No response from them yet.

Case created : 6th Dec
    Case Last updated : 19th Dec - AP (Day of my interview)
    Case last updated : 29th Dec, Status - AP

Is anyone else on the same boat. The VO never said anything like your visa is approved, he just said that i cant guarantee if your pp will be ready before you are travelling.

I am extremely worried and stressed since the officer said he is adding a note to expedite, still it has been more than 10 calendar days and no update.
    Please share your experiences/advices.

Thanks.
    Hi,

I’m in the same boat - appeared for interview on 12/20 and was told H4 visa approved but went into administrative processing on 12/28. Had to change return plans. If you hear any update, do post please!

Thanks

Comment

My wife's H4 (previous F1 like your case) is in AP since Dec 19. We went through Bangalore drop-box (Dec 18) and I and our daughter got stamped passports within 10 days. So far my wife has not even been called to consulate for interview.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X