Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there be problems with my fiance's H4 interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be problems with my fiance's H4 interview?

My fiance is a divorcee. She recently held a J2 dependent visa and lived in the US for nearly 3 years (nearly the entire duration of her husband's J1 visa status), but due to problems with her marriage, they just got divorced after returning to her home country. She is not subject to the 2 year rule.

I am an H1 holder, and I am quitting my job and leaving the US for a few months to travel with my fiance, and to get married in March.

Sometime in April or after, we plan to return to the US as husband (cap-exempt H1) and wife (H4), when I get a new job here (with a company I used to work for a couple of years ago).

Our concern is - are there significant chances of H4 denial simply because my fiance was on a dependent visa in another marriage recently (~5 months prior to interview), and is now applying for a new dependent visa in a new marriage? If so, how can we prepare for them?

(At the interview, we will have her divorce decree, our marriage certificate, wedding invitation, wedding album, photographs of us in the US, photographs of having traveled abroad together for a couple of months, etc.)

Thanks!

Originally posted by sgrv View Post
    are there significant chances of H4 denial simply because my fiance was on a dependent visa in another marriage recently (~5 months prior to interview), and is now applying for a new dependent visa in a new marriage?
    no

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X