Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Visa Expired.Renewal Application filed with Old Employer.New Petition In Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Expired.Renewal Application filed with Old Employer.New Petition In Process

Hello,

I am currently located in US working for Company A with a valid petition till August 2nd, 2018*and my*current*H1B VISA is Expired*as of 19th August 2017.*I plan to travel to India in mid January 2018 (in next 15 days) during which I plan to renew my H1B Visa. I have already submitted my DS-160 form with my current employer I-797 petition and also have paid my Visa fees. As per the series of questions answered during my Visa application I am eligible for Visa Interview Waiver - Drop Box facility.

After I submitted my DS-160 and Visa Renewal application I received an offer from Company B which I have Accepted and they have initiated my H1B Visa Transfer process. USCIS*received my case on December 28th 2017*and since my new employer has applied for premium processing I expect to get an I-797 Approval Notice by the time I will be in India. I plan to work for my old employer (current) for some more time after returning from India and then join the new employer.*
    Since my VISA with current employer has expired, I will need to go for VISA renewal before I can reenter US. Now let us assume that I am traveling back to India after getting the H1B transfer petition approved or my transfer petition gets approved while I*am in India:
    1. Which documents should I use for stamping. Old petition or New petition (Please note that I do not have any pay-stubs with the new employer and also I would like to work with my current (old) employer for some time after returning before joining new employer.
    2. If I need New petition, do I need to re-submit my DS-160 form with the details of the new petition with new employer or can I present a copy of new approved petition with my old DS-160 application?
    3. Will there be any problem at Port of entry if I have two petition approved from different employers?
    4. If I am showing old petition details (which is still valid) at POE and during VISA Renewal, can I join my new employer sometime after returning considering that I will still work with my old employer for sometime before giving notice?*

I am on the same boat..please share your experience

I have submitted DS160 application with current employer and scheduled for appointment in April. Meanwhile new employer filed H1B transfer and it will be approved before I go for stamping in April. I would still want to continue to work with old employer till May. Will there be any issue when I go for stamping with old employer petition?

Originally posted by shah_viral98 View Post
    Hello,

I am currently located in US working for Company A with a valid petition till August 2nd, 2018*and my*current*H1B VISA is Expired*as of 19th August 2017.*I plan to travel to India in mid January 2018 (in next 15 days) during which I plan to renew my H1B Visa. I have already submitted my DS-160 form with my current employer I-797 petition and also have paid my Visa fees. As per the series of questions answered during my Visa application I am eligible for Visa Interview Waiver - Drop Box facility.

After I submitted my DS-160 and Visa Renewal application I received an offer from Company B which I have Accepted and they have initiated my H1B Visa Transfer process. USCIS*received my case on December 28th 2017*and since my new employer has applied for premium processing I expect to get an I-797 Approval Notice by the time I will be in India. I plan to work for my old employer (current) for some more time after returning from India and then join the new employer.*
    Since my VISA with current employer has expired, I will need to go for VISA renewal before I can reenter US. Now let us assume that I am traveling back to India after getting the H1B transfer petition approved or my transfer petition gets approved while I*am in India:
    1. Which documents should I use for stamping. Old petition or New petition (Please note that I do not have any pay-stubs with the new employer and also I would like to work with my current (old) employer for some time after returning before joining new employer.
    2. If I need New petition, do I need to re-submit my DS-160 form with the details of the new petition with new employer or can I present a copy of new approved petition with my old DS-160 application?
    3. Will there be any problem at Port of entry if I have two petition approved from different employers?
    4. If I am showing old petition details (which is still valid) at POE and during VISA Renewal, can I join my new employer sometime after returning considering that I will still work with my old employer for sometime before giving notice?*

Comment

Hi

Please share you experience. I am in the same boat

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X