Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i94 expiring. Switch employer with Valid i140

Hi, Below is my scenario.
    My Current H1b is valid until May 2018. I have completed 5 years and this is my 6th year. I have a 140 Approved with Employer A for more 7 months.

My current employer (A) filed labor and I140. i have my priority date as March 2017. I am working with Client C via B.

So A--> B--> C is my work model. A has no direct contact to C.

Now my Client C wants to hire me full time and is okay in doing H1 Transfer. The Vendor B is okay with the transfer. My Employer A is not very happy with it. Kindly help me with the following questions. I am travelling to india and back by March 3rd.
    Both my employer and client are ready to file extension / transfer respectively after i return.

1) I am thinking to do a switch to my Client C. In that case can the Client apply for a 3 year extension period based on my employers 140?
    2) Or should i ask my employer to file an extension and then do a H1B transfer. I dont want to be that mean guy but just wanted to know the options. With the current way things are going, my employer (A) says i might get only 1 year extension and not 3.
    3) Assuming i do #1, do i have to let me employer know that i am going to C? there are some NOC documents signed but i believe generally they are not valid as long as B is okay with direct client.
    4) another option i am thinking is - ask my employer to do an extension and also my client to file transfer. If my transfer is approved, i will ask A to withdraw the petition or compensate him the expenses. Would that be okay?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X