Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 expired I797 valid

Hello,

I have read many blogs regarding my situation however my situation is slightly different so I decided to post my own question any help is appreciated.
    On October 2015 my H1B petition from my 1st employer got approved from USCIS and got an end date till October 2018 which is 3 years.

After this I traveled outside the country thrice once on December 2015 and got my H1B visa stamped till October 2018 which is same as my I-797A end date.

I again traveled on Feb 2016 and July 2016. On July 2016 while entering back to US the CBP officer made changes to my most recent I-94 and gave it an end date of September 2017 1 year prior to my H1B expiration date as my passport was about to expire on September 2017 (I didn't take this seriously).

On December 2016 I changed my employer and got a new H1B transfer petition approved with an end date of December 2019 and the I-94 at the bottom left part had the same end date of December 2019, so I think this is my latest I-94.

But I just realized that my online I-94 still had the old end date which is September 2017. Now I would like to know if I am out of status because I have not updated my CBP I-94 before September 2017 or I am good because I got a new I-94 on December 2016 and it takes precedence over the previously issued one on July 2016.

If in case I am out of status, 180 days have still not passed and I have around 40 days to complete my 180 days after which It will become unlawful presence, what are the solutions to correct this issue or how do I get my I-94 corrected before 180th day.

If i am good, then when i leave the country should get a new h1b stamping in my mew passport or is it ok to just have the old passport which has a h1b stamping on it

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X