H4 EAD - I765 form question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 EAD - I765 form question

My wife is applying for H4-EAD based on my I-140 approval. So we are using the category (c)(26).

One of the questions in the form says "please provide the receipt number of your H1B principal Spouse's most recent form I797 Notice of approval for Form I-129"

I do have my I797 for I-129, which I got when my H1B extended based on change of employer. Later I received another I797 for my I-140 approval. Though the question clearly mentions I-129, but I have the following doubt: Nowhere are they asking me to provide my I-140 approval receipt number. Am I interpreting it wrong or are they really interested only in my H1B 797 (and not in my I140 797)?

Originally posted by svsg View Post
    My wife is applying for H4-EAD based on my I-140 approval. So we are using the category (c)(26).

One of the questions in the form says "please provide the receipt number of your H1B principal Spouse's most recent form I797 Notice of approval for Form I-129"

I do have my I797 for I-129, which I got when my H1B extended based on change of employer. Later I received another I797 for my I-140 approval. Though the question clearly mentions I-129, but I have the following doubt: Nowhere are they asking me to provide my I-140 approval receipt number. Am I interpreting it wrong or are they really interested only in my H1B 797 (and not in my I140 797)?
    It's talking about the approval for your H1b petition (I-129).

A copy of the approval for I-140 will need to be attached.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by svsg View Post

In I-765 you need to provide your most recent H1B I-797 receipt number. While submitting documents you will need to submit a copy of your I-140 approval notice.

Comment

Thanks newacct and ughar!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X