Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USCIS case status shows Withdrawn

Hello,

I just wanted to see if anyone has come across this situation. I joined company B on 27-Nov-2017. Company B filed my H1 transfer by 1st week of Nov in regular processing and by the end of Nov i got my receipt notice. I was checking my case status today(1/31/18) and it shows as "we received your request to withdraw your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker"
    I immediately called company B and explained the situation and they spoke to their immigration team and confirmed that nothing was sent to USCIS regarding my case and they were saying that it could be a system error and they are contacting USCIS for next steps. I had valid visa through company A till 2-Apr-18. I assuming Company A would have terminated my H1 by this time. Given this scenario am i in risk of being "Out of Status"
    I would really appreciate if someone could clarify this situation.

Hi Naveen,

I also got same message in my RFE Amendment yesterday. And surprisingly HR and Attorney never sent such request.
    Can you update what happened in your case after that? Was that a mistake in system and corrected later on by USCIS

Originally posted by naveen_251984 View Post
    Hello,

I just wanted to see if anyone has come across this situation. I joined company B on 27-Nov-2017. Company B filed my H1 transfer by 1st week of Nov in regular processing and by the end of Nov i got my receipt notice. I was checking my case status today(1/31/18) and it shows as "we received your request to withdraw your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker"
    I immediately called company B and explained the situation and they spoke to their immigration team and confirmed that nothing was sent to USCIS regarding my case and they were saying that it could be a system error and they are contacting USCIS for next steps. I had valid visa through company A till 2-Apr-18. I assuming Company A would have terminated my H1 by this time. Given this scenario am i in risk of being "Out of Status"
    I would really appreciate if someone could clarify this situation.

Comment

Hi Mukesh,
      In my case my employer?s attorney filed a fresh petition in premium process on the same day from Change of status. After 15 days the new petition got approved. It is a pure mistake on uscis part. Sometimes they do mess up things badly. The main thing here is your company/attorney has to act fast and do the needful. Good luck with your case.

Comment

Thanks Naveen for your quick help. Your reply is going to be a great help for me.

Originally posted by naveen_251984 View Post
        Hi Mukesh,
        In my case my employer?s attorney filed a fresh petition in premium process on the same day from Change of status. After 15 days the new petition got approved. It is a pure mistake on uscis part. Sometimes they do mess up things badly. The main thing here is your company/attorney has to act fast and do the needful. Good luck with your case.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X