Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I start working after filing the h4 to h1 or should I wait till approval?jhkjo;o[

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I start working after filing the h4 to h1 or should I wait till approval?jhkjo;o[

My original h1 got picked in lottery and approved in 2014. Since then i was working but recently my h1 extention got denied in dec2017 and immedietly i went on h4 status by visiting home country for stamping in Jan 2018.

Now My questions is i have job opportunity in my hand. So, Can i file h4 to h1 (new petition) and start working immedietly or should I wait till I receive my the approval and then start working.

Thanks,
    Hema

Originally posted by Dumbi View Post
    My original h1 got picked in lottery and approved in 2014. Since then i was working but recently my h1 extention got denied in dec2017 and immedietly i went on h4 status by visiting home country for stamping in Jan 2018.

Now My questions is i have job opportunity in my hand. So, Can i file h4 to h1 (new petition) and start working immedietly or should I wait till I receive my the approval and then start working.

Thanks,
    Hema
    No, you cannot work until you get Change of Status approved.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X