Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1/H4 filing for Divorce with Kids

Hi

Unfortunately, it is not working out with my wife, we have decided to part ways. We have two kids.

She has threatened to leave with my kids. On reading online I understand I cannot do a lot about it until the court decides in this matter, provided we end up going to court.

Both my wife and I work in the bay area, she (H4-EAD) is now asking me to hand her I-539 (H4 status adjustment/extension) approval documents and the legal documents for my children.

I am concerned if/when she leaves with my kids, what possible options would she leave me with?

1: Shall I give her the legal documents for her H4 and H4-EAD or wait until courts decision?
    2: Shall I give her the legal documents for our kids (Passports, Birth certificates, SSN, medical info etc.)
    3: What if I do not hand over the legal documents to her, am I legally obligated to give her the documents?

If I give her all the documents, she may leave the country with the kids or migrate to another country, too many possibilities.

I plan to speak with a family and immigration lawyer, but I wanted to reach out and check if one of you have gone through a similar situation.

Thanks
    Bhanu

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X