Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help for H4 on tax docs

Hi,
    My hubby works (on H1) in US, joined 5 months back.I am applying for H4 and in the site Docs reqrd says take this "IRS- Form 1040 and W - 2S". But Wen we aksd the employer,they said since its his(hubby) first yr so you will not have any tax forms and its not applicabe to you.
    My qstns is
    1. Going to consulate w.o these forms will make any problem in getting H4. ?
    2. If this is not avlb any substitue to be taken?
    3. What are the qstns they ask for H4 visa?

Pls reply asap.quick answers appreciated.
    Thanks

h4 issue

Hi

It is most important to take your spouses W2s for the previous year if applicable or IRS tax returns. IF he has not completed one year then you have to take all original pay stubs along with employer and client original letter confirming his employment and project

refer above

the consulate is most interested to know if the marriage is genuine, if spouse has been maintaining status while in the US (which means he should have been paid salary in accordance with the labor condition) and you are aware about all his where abouts.

Not legal advice!

Comment

H4 i/v

No, if your husband has not completed 1 yr in US he will not have these documents.

Take all original pay stubs along with employer and client original letter confirming his employment with rate of pay and project.

Get your hubby's name endorsed in your Pasport as your spouse. Take your marriage certificate and some photographs (preferebly album) of your marriage. Make sure that you carry all the documents. Mostly general questions are asked like: How you two met, When did you got married, What are you going to do in US etc...be confident and give precise answers...

hope this helps....
      not a legal advice ...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X