Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B visa Extended without I94

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • H1B visa Extended without I94

    Hi all,

    I have applied for H1B extension. I have got approval on Jan 4, 2018.

    But, I didnot receive I94 with my H1 Extension copy, It means do i need to travel to home country immeditaly for stamping or do i have any time to travel.

    Headups:

    1. My I94 got expired on 1st Sept 2017
    2. Can i travel to canada fro visa stamping or need to travel only to India.

    Please sugget me

    Thanks
    Kanth

  • #2
    Originally posted by Kanth0045 View Post
    Hi all,

    I have applied for H1B extension. I have got approval on Jan 4, 2018.

    But, I didnot receive I94 with my H1 Extension copy, It means do i need to travel to home country immeditaly for stamping or do i have any time to travel.

    Headups:

    1. My I94 got expired on 1st Sept 2017
    2. Can i travel to canada fro visa stamping or need to travel only to India.

    Please sugget me

    Thanks
    Kanth
    You mean you got an I-797B approval for the petition with no extension of status (instead of an I-797A)? Did your company not apply for extension of status with your petition? Did they apply after your previous status expired? Did you leave the US while the application was pending? Otherwise it seems odd that your extension of status would be denied.

    This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by newacct View Post
      You mean you got an I-797B approval for the petition with no extension of status (instead of an I-797A)? Did your company not apply for extension of status with your petition? Did they apply after your previous status expired? Did you leave the US while the application was pending? Otherwise it seems odd that your extension of status would be denied.

      You mean you got an I-797B approval for the petition with no extension of status (instead of an I-797A)?

      Ans: Yes, I got an I797B Approval


      Did your company not apply for extension of status with your petition?
      Ans: i Dont have idea about it.

      Did they apply after your previous status expired?
      Ans: Yes.

      Did you leave the US while the application was pending?
      Ans No, i stayed in US itself.


      Questions:
      Can I go for canada for visa stamping ?is it possible with to travel to canada for stamping.

      please reach me out on "[email protected]"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Kanth0045 View Post
        Did they apply after your previous status expired?
        Ans: Yes.
        If you stayed after the date on your I-94 without a pending extension of status application at that time, you triggered INA 222(g) which means your visa is void and you must apply for US visas in your country of nationality from now on.

        This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by newacct View Post
          If you stayed after the date on your I-94 without a pending extension of status application at that time, you triggered INA 222(g) which means your visa is void and you must apply for US visas in your country of nationality from now on.
          Can you expain me little more about this

          "You triggered INA 222(g) which means your visa is void and you must apply for US visas in your country of nationality from now on."

          What is solution for this, Can i go for stamping to Canada or not ?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Kanth0045 View Post
            Can you expain me little more about this

            "You triggered INA 222(g) which means your visa is void and you must apply for US visas in your country of nationality from now on."

            What is solution for this, Can i go for stamping to Canada or not ?
            It means you can only apply for US visas in India for the rest of your life.

            This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by newacct View Post
              It means you can only apply for US visas in India for the rest of your life.

              Final question,
              Actually my I94 got expired on 1st Sept, and I got approved I797B on 4th Jan so How long i can stay in US before i go for stamping.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kanth0045 View Post
                Final question,
                Actually my I94 got expired on 1st Sept, and I got approved I797B on 4th Jan so How long i can stay in US before i go for stamping.
                None. You were supposed to leave on Sept 1 if you didn't have a pending application at that time.

                This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by newacct View Post
                  None. You were supposed to leave on Sept 1 if you didn't have a pending application at that time.
                  No, during that time I have pending application as I applied my extension

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X