Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B dropbox in Hyderabad - Administrative Processing - Feb 5

Hi Everyone,

I am on H1B extension and dropped my documents at Hyderabad Consulate on Feb 5 2018. The status on CEAC site got updated to Administrative Processing on Feb 6. I have not received any communication from the consulate regarding anything and the status on CEAC site still shows the same as Administrative Processing with the same updated date as Feb 6. Does any one know whether i need to reach out to the consulate support or just wait? Did any one else experience the same? Please let me know.

Admin Processing After VISA Interview

I'm facing similar issue. I have applied for an H1B and H4 extension stamping and my application was selected for dropbox facility. And below is experience.

Case Created on: 29-Jan-2018
    Update 1 : 30-Jan-2018 CEAC is "Administrative Processing" IVR says "Passport is still with Embassy"
    Update 2 : 1-Feb-2018 CEAC is "Administrative Processing" IVR says "Passport is ready for pickup" for same i received email notification around 11:20 AM.

On 2-Feb-2018 I collected my passport at Bangalore VFS office and received Blue slip says "Appear for interview along with applicants passport (H1 & H4)".
    Update 3: 2-Feb-2018 CEAC is "Administrative Processing" IVR says "Your passport is picked up".

on 5-Feb-2018 I went for VISA interview at Chennai Consulate. VO asked simple questions like 1. who is your petitioner? 2.who is your client? 3.what they do? 4.which city are you going to work? 5.what is your salary? Last they gave "US right to know" booklet and finally said your VISA is Approved!!!.

Update 4: 5-Feb-2018 CEAC is "Administrative Processing" IVR says "Your passport is picked up"

Since then there is no update from US consulate. My concern is already my travel date is postponed due to "Admin processing" not sure when I will get VISA.

Plz do share if anyone facing similar issue during Feb 2018 and your VISA status.

Thank you.

Comment

221G tracker link

Hi,

Most of us are in same situation, few might already created the log in this forum and few not logged their comments. Whoever experienced or received 221G after interview or during drop box submission can submit the VISA status in below link to track the specfic consulate center progess status regarding their 221G status.

US immigration, greencard and visa trackers - Track the progress of US visa, greencard, citizenship applications

Thank you

Comment

I submitted docs on 2/5
        Case updated as AP on 2/6
        No update since then

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by harsha1989 View Post
        Hi Everyone,

I am on H1B extension and dropped my documents at Hyderabad Consulate on Feb 5 2018. The status on CEAC site got updated to Administrative Processing on Feb 6. I have not received any communication from the consulate regarding anything and the status on CEAC site still shows the same as Administrative Processing with the same updated date as Feb 6. Does any one know whether i need to reach out to the consulate support or just wait? Did any one else experience the same? Please let me know.
        Could you please contact me on 9866671897

Comment

Originally posted by harsha1989 View Post
          Hi Everyone,

It is my 1st time renewal H1B at Hyderabad via Dropbox, I am a full time employee of a renowned US company.

Dropped documents on 2/5
          Status updated as Administrative Processing on 2/6
          No update after that and it is 3/1 today

I neither received any communication nor my status is getting updated. Our cases are same, could you please contact me on 9866671897

Comment

Dropbox @ Hyderabad Consulate on Feb 05 2018

Originally posted by confessions View Post
            It is my 1st time renewal H1B at Hyderabad via Dropbox, I am a full time employee of a renowned US company.

Dropped documents on 2/5

I neither received any communication nor my status is getting updated. Our cases are same, could you please contact me on 9866671897
            My case is similar to you.
            Case Created : 06 Feb 2018
            Last Updated On : 06 Feb 2018

Please let me know if you have any update. You can reach me on 9160510716

Comment

I would not prefer doing a dropbox again

Dropped documents on 2/5

Timeline of my dropbox experience at Hyderabad Consulate

2/5/18 - Submitted Documents
              2/6//18 - Case updated as Administrative Processing
              3/7/18 - Received 221g for finger printing with appointment date as 3/8/18
              3/9/18 - Case updated as Issued
              3/12/18 - Collected passport with stamped visa

It was a bitter experience and I would not prefer doing a dropbox again. All the best to all.

Comment

Timeline of my dropbox experience at Hyderabad Consulate

2/5/18 - Submitted Documents
                2/6//18 - Case updated as Administrative Processing
                3/7/18 - Received 221g for finger printing with appointment date as 3/8/18
                3/9/18 - Case updated as Issued
                3/12/18 - Collected passport with stamped visa

It was a bitter experience and I would not prefer doing a dropbox again. All the best to all.
                Hi, I was never told about 221-G. I've dropped my documents on 5th March and on 8th March received a call and email stating I need to come for finger print and interview on 2nd April. Will they issue 221-G on 2nd April? My previous stamping and Visa class did not change, it's the same location and same client. I am a full time employee. I am confused as to why would they call me for interview when they themselves offered dropbox option? Can someone please clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by skurnala View Post
                  My case is similar to you.
                  Case Created : 06 Feb 2018
                  Last Updated On : 06 Feb 2018

Please let me know if you have any update. You can reach me on 9160510716
                  I have contacted National Visa Center (NVC) and asked about my case and as per them i need to submit biometrics at HYD visa center, so i dropped a mail to Hyderabad, CEA <[email protected]> explaining my case. Next day HYDCEA sent a appoint to my mail for biometrics.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X