H4 COS I539 form EAD card issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 COS I539 form EAD card issue

I'm a J1 scholar and have already waived the 2-year requirements. The university has now offered me a staff position on H1B visa. They promised to put my wife's H4 COS (previously J2) in the same envelope with the H1B application but we are responsible for her I539 form. There is an Item Number 19 in I539 that asks whether she has been employed before. She has never been employed in the US. But she did apply for an EAD card from USCIS in 2016. However, the card we received is invalid because the surname and given name are reversed. We didn't request a correction because she decided to stay unemployed. The I539 form required she to describe how she supports herself in Part 4 (additional information). We wrote "I am supported by my spouse, currently employed as ... at ... income is ..." Should we write further about the issue of her EAD card? If so, what are the appropriate way to describe her situation? We plan to write "I did apply for an EAD card from USCIS in 2016, but the card I received is invalid because the surname and given name are reversed, I didn't request a correction because I decided to stay unemployed." Thanks so much for your help!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X