H-1B Visa stamping when previous H-1B is in Admin Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B Visa stamping when previous H-1B is in Admin Processing

Looking for assistance on how to go about visa stamping given the situation I am in.

I came in India on vacation in October, 2017 and did drop-box, personal interview at Mumbai consulate for H-1B stamping, EVC model.
    I got 221g/Administrative processing, and the visa stamping is still stuck in Administrative Processing.

Meanwhile my end client filed for H-1B change of employer, the petition was approved by USCIS last week.

My question is how do I proceed from here?

Do I fill in new DS-160 (any details I should consider, e.g. is Admin Processing pending considered as 221g refusal)
    I
    f I go to USATravelDocs website to schedule appointment, it is going to send me for dropbox option again. I belive I need to rather show up for in person interview at the Consulate. So how do I schedule appointment?

Also I believe my current employer will have to withdraw the H-1B stamping/petition that is currently in Admin Processing.
    When should this happen?
    Before I visit the consulate or can I carry the withdrawal letter when I visit the consulate?

Regards

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X