Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help in understanding what the recruters are looking for

Hello Team,
    I came to US on H1B sponsored by a body shopping consultancy. Now we are looking for contract jobs. Most of the recruiters are giving me the folloing reply:
    "Neither we can sponsor H1B nor we can take u on contract. We are looking for full time employee"

Can somebody please help me by answering the folloing:

1. what visa status are these companies looking for? Are they lookig for green card holders or the students in OPT ? In orther words, what they meant by "we are looking for full time, but we dont want to sponsor or hire contractors"?

2. What problems a conpany might have in hiring contractors.

Please help.

Originally posted by sdasgup3 View Post
    Hello Team,
    I came to US on H1B sponsored by a body shopping consultancy. Now we are looking for contract jobs. Most of the recruiters are giving me the folloing reply:
    "Neither we can sponsor H1B nor we can take u on contract. We are looking for full time employee"

1. what visa status are these companies looking for? Are they lookig for green card holders or the students in OPT ? In orther words, what they meant by "we are looking for full time, but we dont want to sponsor or hire contractors"?

Please help.

first off if you are looking for a side job to go along with your sponsors job then your are out of luck because legally you can only be employed by the employer who sponsored your H Visa

Secondly when they say full-time employee they mean a permanent full time employee(contracted employees eg. Uber, lyft amazon flex etc. imply that they may not always be permanent and the hours vary depending on the desire of the contracted employee to choose the hours he/she wants or does not want to work essentially similar to self employment in the sense that you can choose your own hours and you file taxes the same way you would if your were self employed). If you are looking for a job that those recruiters are recruiting for you might ask if the company they are assisting would be willing to sponsor a new H Visa for you or if they'd be willing to assist in having your current employer transfer your H1b to the new employer.

Best of Luck.
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by sdasgup3 View Post
      Hello Team,

Please help.
      1. They are looking for full time employees who do not need any sponsorship (e.g., green card holders, citizens, L2 EAD holders, H4 EAD holders, etc.)
      2. It is a company's prerogative, no particular "problems".
      Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X