Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

221(g) - PIMS dates issue, please help !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) - PIMS dates issue, please help !!!!

Hi All,

My H1 petition got approved on Jan 30th this year when I was in US. I flew out of the US for some work to Sydney, Australia and I appeared for my visa stamping in Sydney on Feb 26th. The visa officer asked me some very basic H1 questions and then told me that the dates in the PIMS system does not match the date on my 797 approval notice. He issued me a yellow 221(g) on which "petition dates" is written next to LCA document. He also told me that there is no action to be taken from my side and that they will send me an email in couple of days after verifying the dates. He kept my passport as well.

Currently, the status of my application says "Admin Processing". I have following questions, request everyone to please help:

1) Has anyone else has faced this problem during stamping?
    2) How much time it usually takes to get the PIMS dates issue to get resolved?
    3) Does it mean that the visa has been approved but they just need to verify the dates?

Please help me as I am in a lot of stress due to this situation.

Originally posted by maverick1005 View Post
    Hi All,

My H1 petition got approved on Jan 30th this year when I was in US. I flew out of the US for some work to Sydney, Australia and I appeared for my visa stamping in Sydney on Feb 26th. The visa officer asked me some very basic H1 questions and then told me that the dates in the PIMS system does not match the date on my 797 approval notice. He issued me a yellow 221(g) on which "petition dates" is written next to LCA document. He also told me that there is no action to be taken from my side and that they will send me an email in couple of days after verifying the dates. He kept my passport as well.

Currently, the status of my application says "Admin Processing". I have following questions, request everyone to please help:

1) Has anyone else has faced this problem during stamping?
    2) How much time it usually takes to get the PIMS dates issue to get resolved?
    3) Does it mean that the visa has been approved but they just need to verify the dates?

Please help me as I am in a lot of stress due to this situation.
    Issue due to PIMS verification is very minor. For stamping purpose they use Kentucky Service Center database to verify your information. If the database is not updated yet or updated correctly you will see this issue. Most cases it should not take than normal processing time. Should not take more than a week

Comment

Originally posted by uhgar View Post
      Issue due to PIMS verification is very minor. For stamping purpose they use Kentucky Service Center database to verify your information. If the database is not updated yet or updated correctly you will see this issue. Most cases it should not take than normal processing time. Should not take more than a week
      Thank you for your response. I hope they issue me a visa but I wonder why he didn't ask me questions based on my current petition.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X