F1 to H1b - 221-G blue slip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H1b - 221-G blue slip

I appeared at the Chennai Consulate on 02/26 for my H1b Visa stamping(first time). The conversation was like this:

VO: Good afternoon, can I have your passport please?
    Me: Good afternoon.. (hands over the passport)
    VO: Where are you working?
    Me: xyz
    VO: What is your role?
    Me: abc
    VO: Have you ever been out of status when you were on student visa?
    Me: No. I joined work a month after I graduated
    VO: We need to perform some admin processing from our end. You should have an update on your case in 1.5 weeks(? something like that).
    Me: shocked.

I am a Full Time employer with masters degree in computer science. I see a lot of posts online which talks about how long the process may take, and I see it averages a month. I would like to know if the process has completed in less than time-period?

Originally posted by snickers22 View Post
    I appeared at the Chennai Consulate on 02/26 for my H1b Visa stamping(first time). The conversation was like this:

VO: Good afternoon, can I have your passport please?
    Me: Good afternoon.. (hands over the passport)
    VO: Where are you working?
    Me: xyz
    VO: What is your role?
    Me: abc
    VO: Have you ever been out of status when you were on student visa?
    Me: No. I joined work a month after I graduated
    VO: We need to perform some admin processing from our end. You should have an update on your case in 1.5 weeks(? something like that).
    Me: shocked.

I am a Full Time employer with masters degree in computer science. I see a lot of posts online which talks about how long the process may take, and I see it averages a month. I would like to know if the process has completed in less than time-period?
    Nothing to worry .Sometime when they ask "Have you ever been out of status when you were on student visa" it means they are not able to verify if you maintained an active SEVIS. It usually takes a week to 10 days for cases like this . Different cases take different time . I don't think yours should take that long.

Comment

Originally posted by uhgar View Post
      Nothing to worry .Sometime when they ask "Have you ever been out of status when you were on student visa" it means they are not able to verify if you maintained an active SEVIS. It usually takes a week to 10 days for cases like this . Different cases take different time . I don't think yours should take that long.
      Thanks for the response! Is there anything I need to do from my end? Should I reach out to anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by snickers22 View Post
        Thanks for the response! Is there anything I need to do from my end? Should I reach out to anyone?
        Just keep checking the status online. It should change to issued soon

Comment

Originally posted by uhgar View Post
          Just keep checking the status online. It should change to issued soon
          Thanks for the positive vibe. The status changed to issued exactly after a week

Comment

Hello Dear members,

On Monday i have my interview for F-1 renewal visa.
            I am PhD student in Chemistry
            the Interview was simple, the officer asked about my research. She collected my CV, my adviser letter, my transcripts, and my funding letter.
            then She said that they don't need nothing else but she gave me that 211g blue slip and the process would take between 2 to 4 weeks.
            They didn't retain my passport and I asked if I can wait in a third country since I dont have money to wait here in Ottawa. They said there is not problem to wait in a third country until I get the email.
            my life is right now stopped. I've been working so hard for several years and now I dont know why the put me in this situation. I have been extremely respectful of the US laws. never in troubles.

Does anybody can give any advise, I really need to feel better

thank you so much

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X