Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropbox - Chennai Consulate - Admin Processing

Hi

We used dropbox service for H1B/H4 on Feb 26th, And status shows 'Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate' on ustraveldocs website

[http://ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-passporttrack.asp]

Where as on ceac website [https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx] - Administrative Processing.

Case Created: 27-Feb-2018
    Case Last Updated: 05-Mar-2018

Please let us know anyone appeared for dropbox at chennai and how many days it takes to receive passports or any update?

Hi All

Here is my experience with Drop box at Chennai.

My employer was same and location is same, they gave me 221G asking for Finger prints and Come for interview [on 221g form].

We don't need to book for appointment, any day other than Wednesday and before 11 AM allowed to appear interview, and we went on Thursday and the interview was like first time H1B stamping experience.

Questions asked:

1. What is your specialization in Masters?

2. How long you are working in this company?

3. Who is the client?

4. How many kids you have?

and few more general questions, and they issued visa.

It took 12 working days [Drop box + Interview] until you collected passports.

I feel like going to interview is straight forward path rather than drop box for H1B Renewal. Since website will not allow to select the interview option, we have no other choice.

Overall experience with drop box is stressful and your vacation plan will get disturbed and you may end-up going to embassy multiple times from your home town.

Comment

dropbox - delhi

hi, were you given 221G notice at the time you were dropping off the documents? or you received a separate notification from the embassy. if yes, how? they emailed or sent you a SMS?

appreciate your inputs.

Originally posted by webuser85 View Post
      Hi All

Here is my experience with Drop box at Chennai.

My employer was same and location is same, they gave me 221G asking for Finger prints and Come for interview [on 221g form].

We don't need to book for appointment, any day other than Wednesday and before 11 AM allowed to appear interview, and we went on Thursday and the interview was like first time H1B stamping experience.

Questions asked:

1. What is your specialization in Masters?

2. How long you are working in this company?

3. Who is the client?

4. How many kids you have?

and few more general questions, and they issued visa.

It took 12 working days [Drop box + Interview] until you collected passports.

I feel like going to interview is straight forward path rather than drop box for H1B Renewal. Since website will not allow to select the interview option, we have no other choice.

Overall experience with drop box is stressful and your vacation plan will get disturbed and you may end-up going to embassy multiple times from your home town.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X