Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-140 Approved, Changing jobs - A new company and a new field How does it work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-140 Approved, Changing jobs - A new company and a new field How does it work?

I have a situation here and I would be grateful if anybody can help me. My PD is April 2016 and I got my I-140 approved in September 2016. My current H1B visa with my current employer is valid till April 2020. With the new rule, I understand that my I-140 even if revoked by my current employer will stay with me. Now, I want to change my job and move from an engineering role to a different role such as Marketing or Consulting.

1. Considering my new employer files for my H1B in April 2018 and is approved for 3 years, does my new employer need to file PERM and I-140 because the nature of the job will be very different than the current I-140 I have.

2. Considering that the PD on my current I-140 is 2016 and the current date for EB-2,3 is atleast 10 years away, there is always a possibility that I will again change my job maybe 3-4 years later. In such a situation, can I continue working on my current employer I-140 by simply renewing the H1B or do I need to file for PERM and I-140 with the new employer B?

3. Will my wife be eligible to her H4EAD renewal by the end of Dec 2019 on my current I-140(assuming it is not revoked by then) or will I need a new I-140 from the employer B before i can file her H4EAD renewal?

4. I am a bit confused about the job requirements being the same when one switches the job after the approval stage of I-140. Can anybody please shed some more light on this? Is this condition of job requirements being the same necessary after I-1485 has been filed or I-140 has been filed. If this is the condition for I-140 approved state, its difficult for Indians and Chinese to grow in their career given the fact that current status for Indians and Chinese is far away after the I-140 approval.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X