Question on US Entry for H4 Visa With Short Duration Validity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on US Entry for H4 Visa With Short Duration Validity

Hi All - I am looking for some clarification and information on below questions. Would appreciate for any answer.

I have a valid H1B visa till March 31st 2018, my wife also has valid H4 visa till March 31st 2018, my kid is a US citizen (by birth). Recently both my wife and kid traveled to India and they are planning to come back to US around March 25th 2018. I am still in US and I have filled for my H1B extension, as of writing this I have not my petition approved it and it's still under review.

So my first question - can they return to US from India even in case the visa will remain valid for 5/6 days when then will be entering US (tentatively 25th March 2018). Are there any rules (for minimum number of days visa validity) in my particular case to enter to US while the petition is applied and not yet approved ?

Second question - if my petition gets approved from now to by the time they plan to return (i.e. before 25th march) to US then can they still travel and enter US with existing valid visa (existing valid till 31st March 2018) or they need to go for visa stamping before coming to US ?

Thanks
    Ajit

Anyone experts care to help me out here please... I am really looking to clear out my confusion before I plan for travelling to US for my family. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

- Ajit

Originally posted by dasa008 View Post
    Hi All - I am looking for some clarification and information on below questions. Would appreciate for any answer.

I have a valid H1B visa till March 31st 2018, my wife also has valid H4 visa till March 31st 2018, my kid is a US citizen (by birth). Recently both my wife and kid traveled to India and they are planning to come back to US around March 25th 2018. I am still in US and I have filled for my H1B extension, as of writing this I have not my petition approved it and it's still under review.

So my first question - can they return to US from India even in case the visa will remain valid for 5/6 days when then will be entering US (tentatively 25th March 2018). Are there any rules (for minimum number of days visa validity) in my particular case to enter to US while the petition is applied and not yet approved ?

Second question - if my petition gets approved from now to by the time they plan to return (i.e. before 25th march) to US then can they still travel and enter US with existing valid visa (existing valid till 31st March 2018) or they need to go for visa stamping before coming to US ?

Thanks
    Ajit

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X