Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b to H4 visa status change

Hello All,

When we first came to the US my wife came in as a dependant on H4 visa. Later she got H1b and worked for about a year. She went to Consulate in Delhi for her H1 stamping but got 221g for the requirement of end client letter. After being stuck for almost two months now and with no progress in sight, she decided to come back to US again on H4.

My questions are :

She has already got H4 stamped, would it possible for her to travel? Is it risky?

What documents would she be required to carry during immigration arrival?

What happens to her H1b application at the consulate ?

I would appreciate if you could help me with these queries.

Originally posted by apoorv14 View Post
    Hello All,

When we first came to the US my wife came in as a dependant on H4 visa. Later she got H1b and worked for about a year. She went to Consulate in Delhi for her H1 stamping but got 221g for the requirement of end client letter. After being stuck for almost two months now and with no progress in sight, she decided to come back to US again on H4.

My questions are :

She has already got H4 stamped, would it possible for her to travel? Is it risky?

What documents would she be required to carry during immigration arrival?

What happens to her H1b application at the consulate ?

I would appreciate if you could help me with these queries.
    No.
    The usual documents that she carries when traveling on H4.
    If the consulate decides to deny, it will intimate accordingly. If it wants to grant a visa, it will ask for your wife's passport to be sent within a time frame (typically around a few months to an yr.). If they do not receive the passport in that time they will simply cancel the case. Alternately, you can rescind your visa application.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X