Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I140 with H1B

Hi,

My H1B is going to get expired in March 2019 and my organization filing GC which is in progress. Perm is not filed yet. i got to know that I140 needs to be approved to continue stay in USA. but according to current progress I140 will not be approved before my visa expired. my organization told me that even if i leave the country my GC processing will not be impacted. My question is, after i leave country if my I140 approved can i travel back to usa with approved I140? if i need stamping, then can i go to stamping with approved I140 ?

thanks
    sri

Originally posted by adurthisridhar View Post
    Hi,

My H1B is going to get expired in March 2019 and my organization filing GC which is in progress. Perm is not filed yet. i got to know that I140 needs to be approved to continue stay in USA. but according to current progress I140 will not be approved before my visa expired. my organization told me that even if i leave the country my GC processing will not be impacted. My question is, after i leave country if my I140 approved can i travel back to usa with approved I140? if i need stamping, then can i go to stamping with approved I140 ?

thanks
    sri
    Yes, your employer would file for H1 extension on the basis of an approved I140, and once accepted it is no different from your regular H1.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
      Yes, your employer would file for H1 extension on the basis of an approved I140, and once accepted it is no different from your regular H1.
      thanks for the quick reply. i am looking for the possibilities. if i am in india, is this H1 extension process is possible?

Comment

Originally posted by adurthisridhar View Post
        thanks for the quick reply. i am looking for the possibilities. if i am in india, is this H1 extension process is possible?
        Once again it is the same as filing a fresh H1. So whether you are in the US or outside does not matter.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
          Once again it is the same as filing a fresh H1. So whether you are in the US or outside does not matter.
          Thank you :-)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X