No announcement yet.

Pls Help .advice needed H1b extension with no client letter and short term SOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pls Help .advice needed H1b extension with no client letter and short term SOW

Hello Gurus ,

Can you please review my situation and give advice to the best of your knowledge .

My H1 Visa is valid till Sept 23 2018 and I work for company in Bay Area . My client is based in bay area and when I came in two years ago an amendment was file for change in location . ( I was in Arizona - went back to India - came to CA ) . The current client A always works on short term SOWs and renews at most 2 qtrs in advance . Their view is that it's a better way to manage their budget . However with the current changes in the H1b regime , MSA and SOW have become very important for visa renewals.
    Client A orally says they have work for me for years to come but won't a letter stating that .

What would be a better way to ensure my extension wouldn't be hampered .

Option 1: File a petition with history of short term SOWs , with a affidavit from my HR saying Client A always operates on short term SOWs and they would have specialty work for me in 2018 and 2019 at least . The current SOW is valid till July which is their Q3 and they cut another SOW for Q4. We have an Open ended MSA ( Master service agreement ) between my company and client with no end date as well .

Option 2 : File a petition with a different client B , with a SOW valid until mid 2019 . Once approved , file for amendment again .

Your early response will be much appreciated .

Thanks,
    C

Just an update

Client B is also located within 50 miles of the current Client A . SO I am guessing LCA change wouldn't be required .

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X