Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa Dependent Child

Hi all,

I am in Calgary and i got my H1b visa stamping few days back.

Now i wanted to apply H4 visa for my son as he is a Canadian citizen and only 3 years old.

1. Please someone help me to know if the US consulate Calgary has dropbox option for kids or i have send his passport to Vancouver?

There is no information about Interview waiver program for US Consulate Calgary.

2. If in case US consulate Calgary has no dropbox option, Can i schedule a interview appointment for him?

Thanks In advance.

Dhivya

Originally posted by ShivramV View Post
    Hi all,

I am in Calgary and i got my H1b visa stamping few days back.

Now i wanted to apply H4 visa for my son as he is a Canadian citizen and only 3 years old.

1. Please someone help me to know if the US consulate Calgary has dropbox option for kids or i have send his passport to Vancouver?

There is no information about Interview waiver program for US Consulate Calgary.

2. If in case US consulate Calgary has no dropbox option, Can i schedule a interview appointment for him?

Thanks In advance.

Dhivya
    Canadian citizens do not need US visas to enter the US on most types of nonimmigrant statuses, including H statuses. He would simply show up to any US port of entry with his Canadian passport without needing any visa, and along with your entering on H1b (or if he was entering after you, with your I-94 or petition) and birth certificate showing he's your son and he would be admitted into H4 status.
    Last edited by newacct; 03-16-2018, 09:22 PM.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X