Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221G from London says "No need to pay fee again"

Dear Ms. Veena and others,

The probability of getting successful stamping here from the embassy in London is unpredictable. They are not refusing straightaway.

Instead the clause they are specifying is

"Educational & Expoerience documents from India cannot be evaluated here. Please attend an embassy in India. You wouldnt have to pay the visa fee again."

I have already waited for an appoinment date here for 40 days. I fall under Chennai District and the dates from Chennai are too far (Not available til DEC 2006.)

The same thing happened to my friend who applied from London as well. When he was referred to attend in India, he left an email explaining what was specified in his 221G. As he was working here as well, he couldnt wait for more than one month in India. He has been given an emergency appointment date within 1 month.

Is he in this case lucky ? or does it apply to every one?

Please advice me.

Thanks, Ravi..

221g in London

Hi Ravi,

I had applied for an H1B visa exactly 2 months back and was issued a 221g form, saying they want to do some additional research on my company. I still haven't heard anything from the Embassy.

I am from Mumbai, originally and have completed my Masters from UK. I am working here in a top American Bank.

Back in 2003, my US student visas were denied twice because of which I came to UK.

Now this small NJ-based consulting firm has sponsored my H1b and I'll be working as a Business Analyst. I dont know how long they'll take in this administrative processing.

Luckily, in my case they didnt advise me to apply from India. Maybe because my I797 was addressed to the London Embassy. I dont know how long I've to wait for the outcome, could be 6-9 months in some cases.

Its total luck, case by case. There's no fix procedure or timeframe. As long as Indians keep flocking to the US in thousands every year, a few like mine are squashed by bureaucratic logjam.

My email is: saagars @ hotmail.com

Comment

Dear Ms. Veena and others, Can you advice me too..

Thanks for the reply Sagar.

Ms. Veena and others! May I know what your suggestion would be please?

Thanks, Ravi..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X