Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to Canada/Mexico with i-94 extension for 21 year old H4 holder

Hello!

I am a holder of an H4 visa that was valid until August 2017. I've applied for an extension and was approved until August 2018. My 21st birthday falls on April 2018.
    I have been crossing the land border recently and getting admitted entry, even with my expired visa as long as I also have the i-94 extension presented to the Port of Entry. However, my 21st birthday is coming up and I don't know if I will be still admitted with the same documents. Will I still be able to do that?

PS. I also recently submitted an i-140 petition thru my parent's application. I have read that traveling to Mexico/Canada will not forfeit/abandon the application. Is that correct?

Originally posted by hjohnh View Post
    Hello!

I am a holder of an H4 visa that was valid until August 2017. I've applied for an extension and was approved until August 2018. My 21st birthday falls on April 2018.
    I have been crossing the land border recently and getting admitted entry, even with my expired visa as long as I also have the i-94 extension presented to the Port of Entry. However, my 21st birthday is coming up and I don't know if I will be still admitted with the same documents. Will I still be able to do that?

PS. I also recently submitted an i-140 petition thru my parent's application. I have read that traveling to Mexico/Canada will not forfeit/abandon the application. Is that correct?
    You are no longer qualified for H4 status once you turn 21. You cannot enter after you turn 21. And even if you don't leave the US, you would still be out of status once you turn 21.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X