COS from H4 to F1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COS from H4 to F1

My son is at the end of first year of college in US on H4, I am planning to change the status from H4 to F1 and need advise please:
    Our H1/H4 extension is applied in March and I am thinking it would take abnormal delay nowadays, so, trying to prepare for any unknown situation:

1) If the F1 is applied before current H4 validity and rejection received after H4 validity expiry and F1 is still being processed:
    Question: Can my son stay in US and attend college based on the F1 receipt? Or does he need Approval Notice?

2) If the F1 is not applied till the date we hear H1/H4 rejection and will apply for F1 after hearing from USCIS about the rejection.
    Question: Can my son stay in US and attend college based on the F1 receipt? Or does he need Approval Notice?

3) If H1/H4 application is still being processed by USCIS, we have decided to apply for F1 before current H4 validity period and let's say it's approved and later my H1 extn is
    also approved.

Question: a) Will the H4 get's cancelled automatically as F1 is already approved?

Or F1 get's cancelled and my son's H4 still get approved? or both run concurrently? Or do I have to apply for F1 cancellation?

In another possibility, let's assume, our H1/H4 extn is approved and F1 was still being processed

Question: In this case, let's assume the F1 approval is received later, will my son's H4 get's cancelled automatically or do I have to apply
    for F1 cancellation immediately on hearing H4 approval?

b) Let's say father's priority date is current and I would like to change my son's status from F1 to H4 to claim my son under 21 years as a dependent for
    GC purposes, is this possible?

Thank you for your valuable input sin advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X