Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b VISA stamping expire

Hi Team,

My visa stamping ,i94 date and passport expire date is 30th of Aug 2018 and I-797 expire date is 30th of nov 2019 .Now what could be process to extend it ?
    now i have to go for H1b extension .Could you please let me know on it .

Originally posted by Mahi2313 View Post
    Hi Team,

My visa stamping ,i94 date and passport expire date is 30th of Aug 2018 and I-797 expire date is 30th of nov 2019 .Now what could be process to extend it ?
    now i have to go for H1b extension .Could you please let me know on it .
    1) Renew the passport - It just takes 3 - 4 weeks if you apply in US via CKGS website.
    2) after renewal - file I-539 (Extension of Status) OR
    travel outside just before the expiry date and reenter via any port of entry(AIR/LAND). You will get a new I94 with I797 expiry as you will have the renewed passport.
    My posts are just my personal opinion and should not be taken as Legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Deekay View Post
      2) after renewal - file I-539 (Extension of Status) OR
      H1b extension of status cannot be done by you filing I-539. It can only be done by the employer filing I-129.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
        H1b extension of status cannot be done by you filing I-539. It can only be done by the employer filing I-129.
        Yes you are correct. Sorry for the misinformation, I-539 can only be done for dependents. So Only option is to exit and re-enter as your 797 validity is more than a year.
        My posts are just my personal opinion and should not be taken as Legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X