Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Amendment and extension confusion

Hi,

i have a valid H1 visa till 29th June 2018. My wife is in H4 visa having visa till 29th June 2018. We were in Colorado till Oct 2017. I moved to Chicago by raising amendment request. My amendment is still in progress and have not been approved yet.

In between i traveled to India along with my wife in Feb 2018. I returned in March 2018. i didn't have any issues at immigration. They just asked if am going to apply for extension and i told yes. My wife will return to USA by May 4th 2018. Now am planning to apply for my extension.

Below are my concerns :

1. can i apply extension for both of us together? i know its normally not allowed but in this case as per my company policy even if i apply now they will review documents internally and send it for filing only around May 10th by which my wife will be in USA already.

2. If i apply for myself alone now, will she have any issue when coming to USA by May 4th? she will have a valid visa till June 29th 2018 but my amendment may or may not be approved before May 4th.

3. Considering everything goes well and i apply extension for myself and my wife comes to USA safely. when i apply extension for my wife, i may not get receipt for her extension before 29th June 2018 and i will have my receipt for H1 extension. with that receipt can she also be in USA? or she needs to return back as her receipt didnt come and visa gets expired by 29th June 2018?

Regards,
    Arun.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X