Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please clear the confusion regarding transit visa

Hello everyone,
    My H-4 is expired (797 is till feb 2007)and I am travelling to India in 2 weeks.Most of the travel agents say that I can't fly many of the airlines(going thro London/Paris/Frankfurt or any european )because of my visa.I called up the German consulate(for Lufthansa)and they said that I need a transit visa for travelling to India(not when coming back since i'll have my H-4 stamped)

So whichever airlines I am flying,do I need to take the transit visa for that particular stopopver?Or is it for some airlines only?

I read in one of the responses from immeihelp that transit visa is not required for Indian citizens.

Can someone clear this out?
    Thanks in advance,
    Indira76

Originally posted by indira76
    Hello everyone,
    My H-4 is expired (797 is till feb 2007)and I am travelling to India in 2 weeks.Most of the travel agents say that I can't fly many of the airlines(going thro London/Paris/Frankfurt or any european )because of my visa.I called up the German consulate(for Lufthansa)and they said that I need a transit visa for travelling to India(not when coming back since i'll have my H-4 stamped)

So whichever airlines I am flying,do I need to take the transit visa for that particular stopopver?Or is it for some airlines only?

I read in one of the responses from immeihelp that transit visa is not required for Indian citizens.

Can someone clear this out?
    Thanks in advance,
    Indira76
    THis is not applicable to Singapore, Malaysian & Air India. But they may refuse to give transit visa at Singapore Airport for break. So you cannot go out of the Airport but they wld allow you travel by that airlines

This was the samething with my wife last Jul (from LA, CA to India).
    When she was travelling, H4 was already expired but she was carrying a new I-797 form. Initially they refused to to give her Transit, but after verifying Hotel reservation, passport etc, they gave Transit visa to her

HTH
    RK

Comment

Thanks Ram for the prompt reply.

I thought u should take the transit visa from the respective consulate before leaving USA.

Am i right?

I do not want to get out of any airport,still,the German consulate said I should take a transit visa, just for passing thro!

Indira76

Comment

Yes.....

there are some countries like france, germany etc where we need transit visa even though ur not going out of the airport(If u don't have valid US visa)

If you have US valid visa then you don't need it.....

there are some airlines like in the previous reply....where we don't need transit....it is always suggested that double check with airlines and respective consultes(embassy)...

Comment

Thanks hari for the insight.I shall check with the airlines and the respective consulate before travelling.

Indira76

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X