Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple H4 petitions along with each H1 required?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple H4 petitions along with each H1 required?

Hi,

I am currently with employer A since 2013. I am planning to move to employer B who is filing my H-1B, my spouse's H-4 and H-4 EAD (in premium) this week (hopefully). I also have an employer C who is also filing my H-1B, my spouse's H-4 and H-4 EAD (in premium) next week. Is it necessary to file H-4 and H-4 EAD along with every H-1B petition? Or would the H-4 (and EAD) petition(s) going through employer B suffice? And my other question is how do I tell employer C that I already have an existing H-4 petition?

And also, there may be a chance the employer A may also file the petitions this week or next (I am trying to get them to hold off)

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by vkanuri1 View Post
    Hi,

I am currently with employer A since 2013. I am planning to move to employer B who is filing my H-1B, my spouse's H-4 and H-4 EAD (in premium) this week (hopefully). I also have an employer C who is also filing my H-1B, my spouse's H-4 and H-4 EAD (in premium) next week. Is it necessary to file H-4 and H-4 EAD along with every H-1B petition? Or would the H-4 (and EAD) petition(s) going through employer B suffice? And my other question is how do I tell employer C that I already have an existing H-4 petition?

And also, there may be a chance the employer A may also file the petitions this week or next (I am trying to get them to hold off)

Thanks in advance
    They don't need multiple H-4 and EAD applications. If you plan to work for Employer B, then allow the H-4 and EAD application to process along with Employer B's H-1B petition. Don't file H-4 or EAD applications with Employers A or C. Tell Employer C that you don't need H-4 applications because you and your family plan to travel internationally after the H-1B petition is approved, so their I-94s will match your H-1B expiration once you all get back.

Comment

Follow up question

Originally posted by francesjacobgreene View Post
      They don't need multiple H-4 and EAD applications. If you plan to work for Employer B, then allow the H-4 and EAD application to process along with Employer B's H-1B petition. Don't file H-4 or EAD applications with Employers A or C. Tell Employer C that you don't need H-4 applications because you and your family plan to travel internationally after the H-1B petition is approved, so their I-94s will match your H-1B expiration once you all get back.
      Thanks francesjacobgreene for your quick response. So does this mean I am ok if there are multiple applications filed for h4? I want to be on the safe side, in the event employer B revokes my H-1 if I leave them. My ultimate goal is work for Employer C or A, if possible. But Employer B is willing to file the transfer now, my h1 expires 5/25/2018. There is a chance employer C might back out (for any reason) too. Sorry if I confused you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X