H4 for my kid with drop box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 for my kid with drop box

Hi needed helping in understanding the drop box process.

I need to get my H1 visa stamped and my wife and kid need to get their H4 stamped.
    I am qualified for drop box since my previous H1 expired in April 2018 and rest of the conditions are met.

Based on the information available on ustraveldoc it is mentioned as below for kids under the age of 14

"Note:Children under 14 must submit a photocopy of both parent?s passport biographic information and valid U.S. visa page."

In my case I don't have a valid visa, does that mean that my kid does not qualify for drop box?

Any help is appreciated

Comment

Yes; see here: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-svc-visachild.asp

Comment

My family also travelling and looking forward to use dropbox! My two kids are below 14 year old so if our visa are expired we are not supposed to use dropbox as our kids are below 14 years?

Comment

Originally posted by sreejitg View Post
          My family also travelling and looking forward to use dropbox! My two kids are below 14 year old so if our visa are expired we are not supposed to use dropbox as our kids are below 14 years?
          I spoke to the visa call center and they mentioned that if our kid/kids are added as dependents in the visa application, parents need not have a valid visa for the kids to be eligible for the drop box. In other words if all are applying at the same time then there will not be any problem.

Comment

Hello, Surti
            Can you please share your experience with drop box stamping. I am in same boat and trying to get stamping but when I called call center, they said, as per criteria, my daughter is not eligible and she must go for interview.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Manj06 View Post
              Hello, Surti
              Can you please share your experience with drop box stamping. I am in same boat and trying to get stamping but when I called call center, they said, as per criteria, my daughter is not eligible and she must go for interview.

Thank you.
              Hi Manoj, please let me know if we need to have a valid visa for child drop box eligibility ?

Comment

I am also in the same situation. Could any of you guys please share your experience. Thank you in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X