Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension - I94 Update in US

Hi,
    we have applied for my first H1B Extension in premium and expecting to receive by End of May. My current Visa & I94 expires on Sep 2018. I am planning to make a trip to India in June and will return by 30th June.
    Lets say I received the new I797 & I94 till 2021. I am not planning to go for stamping with new extension approval in India.

Can I able to get the I94 at POE with the latest I797 & I94 dates instead of Visa Expiry i.e Sept 2018? If not, what are my options?
    Will I have any problems @ POE as I have only 2 months of valid visa stamping in Passport?

Appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks
    TB

You should not have problems at POE. Your new I-797 has an updated I-94 until 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by tvbotchas View Post
      Hi,
      we have applied for my first H1B Extension in premium and expecting to receive by End of May. My current Visa & I94 expires on Sep 2018. I am planning to make a trip to India in June and will return by 30th June.
      Lets say I received the new I797 & I94 till 2021. I am not planning to go for stamping with new extension approval in India.

Can I able to get the I94 at POE with the latest I797 & I94 dates instead of Visa Expiry i.e Sept 2018? If not, what are my options?
      Will I have any problems @ POE as I have only 2 months of valid visa stamping in Passport?

Appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks
      TB
      As long as you enter the US on or before the expiration date of your visa, you will be admitted until the expiration of your H1b petition, so when you present the approval of your new petition, you will be given a new I-94 until the expiration of that new petition, unless your passport expires sooner.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
        As long as you enter the US on or before the expiration date of your visa, you will be admitted until the expiration of your H1b petition, so when you present the approval of your new petition, you will be given a new I-94 until the expiration of that new petition, unless your passport expires sooner.
        Originally posted by dmendez12 View Post
        You should not have problems at POE. Your new I-797 has an updated I-94 until 2021.
        Thanks for replies. You guys put my mind @ ease. Despite having a good billing and about 14 years experience, my employer(person who did paper work) submitted with minimum L2 wage for my position & location as per initial filing in 2015 which is less than 100K. I am worried to go stamping in India.

Comment

yes , you can get the I94 with the latest petition. If not then it should not be a an issue.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X