No update on visa status after 9 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No update on visa status after 9 days

I had my H1B visa interview on the 24th of april, and since then there has been no update on the website regarding my status. It's been 9 days now. The last updated date is still the 24th of april. I already hold an F1 visa.
    My interviewer had specifically said that my visa is approved and i will get my passport within a few a days. When i booked my appointment back in november, the processing time was 3-5 days, and now it says 7-10 days on the website.
    The visa status says my case is under "administrative processing" and "it may take up to 60 days".
    My passport status shows that it is "still with embassy/consulate"
    I called the support helpline and they just repeat the same lines that are mentioned online and they said they basically don't know or can't say what the embassy is doing.
    I had travel plans and although i booked my flight 2 weeks after my interview, now i lost my tickets worth thousands of dollars and still my passport status is nowhere in sight.

There was one catch on my case though...my old passport (which had my F1 visa stamp) expired last August and my new visa appointment was booked on my new passport. During my biometric appointment, the official separated my passports and said that i'll only need the new one (which currently has no visa stamp) and not the old one during the interview. Sure enough, the interviewer didn't ask for my old passport during the interview either, but he did know from the system that I once held a C1D and then an F1 visa.
    I believe they might still need my old passport for stamping my old F1 visa as cancelled, and hence the delay, but the embassy is not saying anything. But I'm not sure if the cancellation stamp is compulsory, the helpline said that these things are at the discretion of the embassy. When I got my F1 visa, they didn't put a canceled stamp on my then existing C1D visa. But for my colleague, they did cancel the F1 visa when he got his H1B.

Any ideas? I've spent hours with the helpline, but they seem totally useless, they can't contact the embassy for any updates, and they know no better than what already there online.

Administrative check F1 to H1

Hi

I did peruse my Masters and came back for my H1 Stamping
    I did attend for visa interview on April 18th 2018 .VO posed me 3 questions:
    1)who is your employer?
    2)Do you work for your employer or end client?
    3)Location of your client?

He asked me to wait for 10 mints and he was typing something and lastly he gave me whit slip 221-G and asked me to email the specified documents to mentioned email address and said you application is put on Administrative check and gave back my passport.

I did email my employer and requested to send me the documents which i need to email as per VO and did update my client about the process.
    I did email the documents to the given email address on 23rd April'18 and received confirmation.
    I did follow up with my manger last week and he said he didn't receive any call or email from anyone about my assignment.
    The case last update was changed twice i.e, on 30th April'18 and 03 May'18.

Can anyone please help me with your experiences
    Do I need to contact or call any one to know about the updates done on my AC

Thanks in Advance !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sony13 View Post
      Hi

I did peruse my Masters and came back for my H1 Stamping
      I did attend for visa interview on April 18th 2018 .VO posed me 3 questions:
      1)who is your employer?
      2)Do you work for your employer or end client?
      3)Location of your client?

He asked me to wait for 10 mints and he was typing something and lastly he gave me whit slip 221-G and asked me to email the specified documents to mentioned email address and said you application is put on Administrative check and gave back my passport.

I did email my employer and requested to send me the documents which i need to email as per VO and did update my client about the process.
      I did email the documents to the given email address on 23rd April'18 and received confirmation.
      I did follow up with my manger last week and he said he didn't receive any call or email from anyone about my assignment.
      The case last update was changed twice i.e, on 30th April'18 and 03 May'18.

Can anyone please help me with your experiences
      Do I need to contact or call any one to know about the updates done on my AC

Thanks in Advance !!!!

HI,

i am in the same boat as you? did you receive any updates? pl let me know, i will really appreciate your time

thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X